Valcyte User Reviews

Valcyte - User Reviews

Valcyte User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Valcyte sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 3-6 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 08

Used this as a liquid med for about 6 weeks after transplant then developed a rash and vomiting, so stopped it. Patient info and all med info I found about this med said that it has not been studied in the pediatric population. Also can react with other anti rejection meds (Cellcept).

Related Reading: rash | Cellcept

Comment from: Jim, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 27

lung transplant in 2003, new lung has cmv while I do not.I take one pill a day and so far it has kept me free from the virus. My only concern is the cost of valcyte!!! I am on medicare and myself and others suffer not from the transplants but from the cost of VALCYTE which is why we know of many who have given up the chance to live because of the drug. how sad for our country that a drug that does work is sometimes impossilbe to afford.

Related Reading: valcyte

Comment from: tubabuddy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 21

This medication has done just fine for me. I can say that without my health insurance I would not be able to afford this medication. Market price is about 2500-3000 per month. With my prescription drug coverage it is only $25.00 I can say that I am lucky in that regard.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 08

the efectiveness is good...am gettin my vision back, don't know how long I will have to take this

Comment from: upsidedown, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 27

HIV+ 27yrs, CMV Retinitis 15yrs. Cytovene 95-2000 when Valcyte pill came out. 2005 Dr said immune sys stable long enough to go off Valycte- had breakthrough within 30 days. Not as effective since, but helps to slow blindness. Compny chgd copy from $50 to 25% of cost. Will seek resources for help. Will advise if I have to ask Roche for med assistance. Wondering when patent runs out so can get generic unless they can renew and stop that. It's a cash cow. Another economic hardship cause by healthcare system and insurance. I don't wish either of my illnesses on anyone. peace up

Related Reading: Cytovene | blindness

Comment from: Jeankabean@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 15

just started, lost twenty three pounds, have an esophageal ulcer,gastritis, heartburn, reflux, and an ulcer on my ankle- all before I was prescribed this. NOT DIABETIC, WAS TOLD MY BLOODWORK OPPOSITE OF BEING ANEMIC?

Related Reading: gastritis | heartburn

Comment from: nowthereare7ofus, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 04

I really don't know how effective this is. I have just begun taking it and was doing research (my pharmacist told me nothing) of this drug, side effects, etc. was wondering if it helped others (should at the cost..luckily this time I have insurance). I am just beginning today, so I will post back when I have taken for awhile and know more. Oh, I am taking it for CMV, for which my IGg levels have been very high for 5 years and the acyclovir not helped. Iv'e been so sick the last 5 years and so many doctors, i hope this works. Most drs don't even check for this illness!!

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 04

CMV retinitus diagnosis 10 years ago. HIV+ now for 20 years. Blind in one eye but virus has been controlled since then, now with Valcyte. No serious side effects so far. But the thought of necessary lifelong treatment is sort of depressing.

Comment from: jrb, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 05

cost over $3300 per month Single lung transplant recipient june 2007 disabled on SS & medicare may have to DIE because i cant afford it. have been on and off this med, going to ACYLOVIR BUT THE INFECTION COMES BACK EVERY TIME I CHANGE.VALCYTE IS SO COSTLY that i dont know how long i can take it.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.