Valcyte User Reviews

Valcyte - User Reviews

Valcyte User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Valcyte sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: JuliaHugoRachel, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 16

Valcyte saved my sons Life, it enhanced mine. The CMV levels have escalated, I may go back on it. I was on Valcyte for 3.5 years, My son was on it for 3 years for a CFS/GWI like illness. http://vlgonvalcyte.wordpress.com/ BTW, I hear people on here saying Valcyte is too expensive for them. I am posting on here as I wanted to let you know that Roche/Gentech have a special program for low income folks. They will supply the medicine. Blessings, Julia

Comment from: Sissy65, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 03

Took this in heavy dosage after Liver Transplant and the development of CMV. Permanantly affected nerves in legs and feet. Caused intolerable pain in feet, ankles. Considered suicide. My doctor ingored this. Permanant damage done when an alternate med was available. Please, report to your Dr. and demand an alternate med if any nerve pain at all!

Related Reading: Liver | suicide

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 19

worked so far, am hoping there will not be a reaccurrance

Comment from: Lizzy 3575, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 16

I took it for a few months then stopped because my tongue became so sore and red there was even a tiny bit of blood. May try again on a lower dose. It was hard keeping up with required blood work while I was away from home.

Comment from: 450 2x a day, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 28

I had it after an organ (liver) transplant when my immune system was low.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.