Valium User Reviews

Valium - User Reviews

Valium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Valium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 27

Valium is a godsend!!!! I have taken it exactly 5mg for 23 years for anxiety. The only stop was 5 years in psychoanalysis when the doctor claimed "the therapeutic effect" would be lost if on medicines !!!! Those years were COMPLETE HELL !!!! That day I stopped the psychoanalysis because (thank god!!!)the analyst should to into retirement, that day I started Valium (diazepam) 5mg/day again and IMMEDIATELY!!!!! got back to senses. How could I be so deceived by that shrink and not listen to school-medicine doctors!! Well an analysis-shrink colleague of him also having a radio show - praising the analysis - admitted in a book after his retirement that he had taken, wait ...Valium over all the years to manage his anxiety !!!!! (strong to do that) Well we know priests preaching A but doing P !!! I'm amazed when people now can report themselves, to see how great help this medicine is and how very, very few have any problems. Of course as chronic anxiety disorder is CHRONIC ... the anxiety will reappear when you stop the medication. The blood-sugar would certainly go up if stopped insulin !!!! Talk about being dependent on INSULIN. I HOPE internet medical fora can force the psychotherapeutic maffia to where it belongs. The scrapyard!!!! Regards!!

Related Reading: Valium | anxiety

Comment from: hawktfpsr, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 30

ENABLED ME TO WORK AND FUNCTION FOR OVER 35 YEARS NOW.

Comment from: scarcrys, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

it works very well when im having a very stressfull day and it makes the rest of my day much more calming after i take one. I feel more ready to deal with the rest of my day.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 08

I've had 2 separate periods of diazepam use. The first was from 1982-99 for generalized anxiety and Meniere's Disease. It worked very well for both. However, I am also a recovering alcoholic who has to be careful with drugs like this and when I got sober in 1999, I quit using valium. Then this past May (2009), I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and my anxiety (and some Meniere's symptoms like vertigo, etc.)came back roaring. I had shortness of breath and a tremendously amplified startle reflex. So, I asked my GP to put me back on low levels of valium, which he did. He also put me on Ambien. My cancer surgery in July was successful and by October, I felt ready to come off both valium and ambien. But my addictive brain (remember, I'm a recovering drunk) wasn't as ready and I was unsuccessful in my own attempt to taper off either drug. So, I went to the p-doc at the local rehab center and she put me on Remeron and told me to try and get off the ambien first and we'd worry about the valium later. So, now about 10 weeks later, I'm off ambien completely and am being maintained on 15mg. remeron and 3mg valium a day. This is a sub-clinical valium dose, but it still helps. We're going to stay here for the next 5 months or so and then, if the Remeron continues to work for me, taper the valium until I'm off it. Valium has historically been the only drug that has ever given me relief from my anxiety and I've been through a bushel basket of others from Buspar to Luvox to Lexapro. But because of my addictive personality, I need to be off it eventually. And that's OK so long as the Remeron keeps working. So, with some reservations, I'd recommend short-course valium therapy to anybody with severe situational anxiety. It works. Watch it though and don't stay on it too long. It makes all the sharp corners of the world round and while that is a nice feeling, it isn't the way the world really is. Be cautious with this drug, especially if you are prone to addiction.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 27

I take 5 mg as needed for anxiety, and have found the drug very helpful for this purpose. I have found it difficult, however, to resist taking it more than recommended by my doctor because it makes me feel so much more relaxed, so if you have an addictive personality this is probably not a good choice for you.

Comment from: Steph, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 03

I can't tell from what I've read about the side affects, but I wonder if it does affect your memory. I have a harder time remembering names, situations, etc. I've also found that I sometimes have a problem with my line of thought - I'll forget what my main point was. I take 2.5 mg per day. It has helped me a great deal with dealing with daily stresses, especially at work. I'm much more relaxed.

Comment from: LadyOwl, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 25

As another reviewer wrote, I too have taken Valium 10mg/3xdaily, for about 10 years now, and I've yet to have any problems. I've taken Ativan, Klonopin, Xanax, all of them...Valium has worked the best for me, for it covers so much.

Related Reading: Ativan | Klonopin | Xanax