Valium User Reviews

Valium - User Reviews

Valium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Valium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: gt714, 45-54 Female Published: March 11

this med. has allowed me to lead a normal productuve life without the anxiety that was otherwise dibilitating

Comment from: Daziegrl4, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 22

I have tried the generic diazapam many times and it causes agitation but the name brand always works.Why is this happening?

Comment from: Dawn, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 17

I took xanax for over a year,the side effects were bad,hallucinations,loss of memory.And badly addictive. So I switched to valium,I have been on it for over a year now and I love it.

Comment from: 19-24 Female Published: April 11

I have been on Valium for a while now and I am able to live a normal life. It really helps with stress.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: Duke, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 29

I have been on this Medication for 8 years. I take one 10mil. tablet a day and have never felt the need to increase it. No problem with addition whatsoever. Sometimes I take a half pill in the A,M. and 2nd half in the P.M.

Comment from: merry1621@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 18

I have taken Valium off and on for 35 years. The times without it, I tried every alternative treatment. And many psychiatrists plus psychologists and social workers. Bottom line, my life is normal when I have it. I am a basket case without it. I have gone as much as 2 years off it, and those 2 years were hell for me. I was given every anti-drepressant on the market but none of them took care of my anxiety and I have never had a problem with depression. Some doctors tried them to get me off valium, but they did not work on me. If I were 25, I wouldn't start it again because I know it's addictive, I read things. But at 66, I don't want to live without it after all this time.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: ST7, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 03

I was taking 3mg of Klonopin daily for over 12 years and found it to be extremely potent and addictive. I tried to get off of it three times and could not do it. After three attempts totaling one year of withdrawal symptoms I lost total control. My doctor suggest a low dose of diazepam. This medication has given me my life back. No more panic attacks and I do not find this medication to nearly as potent and addictive as Klonopin.

Related Reading: panic attacks

Comment from: nannakay13@hotmail.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 16

when taking this medication I am not as nervous have a appetite, can sleep better i dont feel as thou i am having a heart attack i can function better around other people, I can cope with my relationships with co-workers and family alot better

Related Reading: sleep | heart attack

Comment from: happy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 19

Excellent drug .Lots of bad press about becoming addicted if 5mg 3-4 times PER WEEK for 25 yrs is addiction i except the consequece

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: October 31

quick (15-20 minutes) and effective; excellent for insomnia; no after effects

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: Leese, on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 10

wI was diagnosed with anxiety disorder about 9 years ago. The Doctor had me on xanax, which put me to sleep.Valium is only taken if i feel real uneasy and anxious. It relaxes my mind and nerves down comfortably and I don't feel tired.