Valium User Reviews

Valium - User Reviews

Valium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Valium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: pshyco67, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 04

this medication helps my nerves and it has for a long time i would reccomend it to anyone

Comment from: OLD DOG, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 19

omg i se all of you have ben on for so long i ust start on this pillben on it for about 3 mos i like its ben good to me but i do fine i cant do some things like drive but i just dont take it till i get home i take 20 mgs a day i guss i got what i ws looking for because i was in fear of takeing this for a long time because i hear its hell to come off off and this can kill you if you try to i dont know if its all talk but i would like to know if this talk is true but all and all i love this pill im a person and got my life back well eny ways if so its a good trad for me sorry for the bad spelling some time my mind is in limbo as you mite know lol i was goinf to come off but you guys and dolls make me see that hey i can stay on what they hell right its better then dieing slowly in side right i have not going out of my house in 12 yrs now i do so so what its can be hell to come off of and kill you trying to i now know i can be on for long time thanks to all of yous and im not alone in this world up side down you have made this old man fell a lot better thank you to all of you that told and share theys bit of thear lifes thanks i think now i will stay on i was so up set befor because i did not know what to do because i did not wont to be a slave to this pill but now i see im not we all need this to have are life back im just and old dog that cant learn new tricks lol well thank all bye i thank yous all

Published: October 04

Valium works quickly and gives me a calming effect for about 4 hours.

Comment from: Fortressofcomfort, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 10

Great! I take 5-10mg a day usually a couple hours before bed. It allows me to unwind and relax and stops my mind from racing and wandering. Have taken for 2 yrs now with no side effects. It is also easy to stop taking (no withdrawal) but it stays in your system (and is detectable in urine) for a good 3 weeks. The only caveat is that if you abuse it (take too much) it will lead to depression, so stick to the lowest dose that works. It is also good for occasional insomnia at higher doses (10-15mg) but stops working for that after only a couple days of use. Summary: an effective old school 'chill pill' that is safe and easy to use. P.s. I have used Klonipim and Xanax before and actually prefer the Valium because it lasts longer and doesn't make me tired at the usual 5mg dose. Cheers!

Comment from: abq_brett, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 28

Valium is the BEST BZD anti-anxiety medication, hands down! At age 22, my doctor put me on Xanax 1mg TID for GAD & panic. It worked, sure- but I felt like I was always having to watch the clock to make sure I took my next dose before the previous one wore off. It got to the point where I would wake up to a panic attack, as the Xanax had worn off. I'm 35 now, and about six months ago, I mentioned trying a longer acting medication Valium to my new doctor- who thought it was a good idea, particularly since I needed a good muscle relaxer as well. I'm currently prescribed Valium 10mg TID (PRN) - and could not be happier. It's such a relief to be able to take one tablet in the morning and be "cool as the flip side of the pillow" for the rest of the day. :) I've seen a few of you mention this and I have also found it to be true- when using the generic (diazepam) - well... not all generics are equal, especially with this drug. I've tried 4-5 different brands and Watson is the best. Mylan is probably the worst. So, just make sure you check for the generic manufacturer when you call around to the pharmacies. Best of luck!

Comment from: LadyOwl, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 08

Valium, aka "Mommy's lil' helpers" had been a godsend for me. I'd been taking it, 10mg tabs, 3x a day, #90/month for 10 years. Now THAT is a miracle as it is. On top of opiate pain meds for chronic back pain as well! All depends on the doctor. Some won't even R/x you an aspirin. Well, anyway, since it's so broad, it helped my muscle spasms, GAD, (General Anxiety Disorder) insomnia, migriaines, tension, PTSD, etc. So, that's the good thing about it. Bad thing is that after so long, like all the benzodiazapines, you get tolerant to it, and you can take half the bottle, and it doesn't phase you. *NO, I do NOT recommend that, lol)* But doc told me after 10+ years (Never asked for an increase in dose ever), the half life is very long, about 3 days. So even though you don't feel it, it's still in your system. So if you pop a Vicodin or something, chances are you're gonna wind up on the floor. That's the downside. So, as I'm on Methadone 10mg. for chronic back pain, sciatica, Lortab 10mg. for breakthrough pain, (close your mouth, you'll catch a fly), he's decided to cut the Valium, and switch me back to Ativan 1mg. Fine by me, works great, and don't have to worry Doc about the half life. Methadone has a VERY long half life, so I was dancing with death the whole time, and didn't realize it! So, it may be great, but it's a good idea to keep check on your dosage, especially if you're taking opiate painkillers, etc...

Related Reading: aspirin | muscle spasms | Vicodin

Comment from: dr_g0115, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 13

i am ptsd,& bi-polar,THIS DRUG HAS CALMED ME QUICKER,AND KEPT ME CALM LONGER THEN ANY OTHER THEY HAVE PUT ME ON