Valtrex User Reviews

Valtrex - User Reviews

Valtrex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Valtrex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Lucyanne, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 16

First outbreak of genital herpes lasted over 2 weeks. I was in great pain and using the toilet was agony. The blisters would sting like crazy and burn. My whole body was run down and no energy. Finally I was put on VALTREX and less than 2 days later I felt completely different, the blisters started drying up and I honestly felt so much better.

Related Reading: VALTREX

Comment from: bigmama, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 19

since use this product i have been out break free! thanks to yiu guys and my sister who told me about this pill. the last out breack i've had sin finding out i havethis (1999) was the fall of 2000 thanks agin i think its wroth the money

Comment from: ddysgirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 21

i got herpes when i was 19, now twenty6. i love this stuff. i take it daily, every 4 to 5 months i will skip a few weeks, just so im not so aggravated anymore. No more outbreaks :-)when i was diagnosed it had to be the worst thing i ever heard, my daddy was my support when i went to the doctor... going to the bathroom was the most painful thing ever, i wouldn't even wish it on my worst enemy. ladies, an easy way to go to the bathroom.. strattle the toilet(as far as your legs can go),keep your body totally staight and go... it doesnt splash.. yay.. you'll love the non-burning sensation..i like to consider myself lucky, when you have genital herpes and you know that you have it, we can do something about not passing it along.. in my life i'm glad that it stops at me...good luck

Comment from: Bewildered8, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 02

Newly diagnosed with herpes and very upset. It seems as if the medication, Valtrex, is not working as fast as I expect. No visible sores, but itching and burning comes and goes. I am not dealing well with this and haven't been able to share with anyone. Boyfriend seems to be taking the disease lightly and not in a rush to get tested. Very bothersome for me.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: on the mend gal, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 29

Valtrex is a blessing. My shingles outbreak would have been much worse without this medicine. I have no blisters because of Valtrex. There were no side effects, even if there were I would not have know it as I was feeling so poorly overall.

Related Reading: shingles

Comment from: Relief1992, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 05

After being informed of my situation, I thought my dating life was over. I was prescribed Valtrex. At first it didn't make to much of a difference to me, but as time has passed I no longer experience any outbreaks. When I say time, I talk about three months. The drug itself is a little pricey if not covered by your medical plan, however is well worth the money.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 19

After reading some of these reviews I feel like I must be a miracle. I never had a severe outbreak. I got what looked like a bug bite a couple times a year. A skin test showed I have HSV2. Since then I've had Valtrex handyd (500 mg/d). I take it to suppress outbreaks at the first sign of an itch. I also take it every day when sexually active. If the itch comes, it's gone within hours of taking a pill. The "bug bite" has never come back. I haven't transmitted it to anyone (even in a year-long relationship with regular unprotected sex). I've never had any notable side effects. If this drug were a little cheaper, it would be perfect in my book.

Comment from: Curly, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 15

I contracted Herpes in my early 20's, at first there were no drugs and I was told to use Listerine on the sore. It was so painful. Thank goodness for Valtrex, I only take it when I feel an outbreak coming on. And I guess I am one of the "lucky" ones who only has one ulcer during the outbreak. It seems to shorten the length of the outbreak, which I am thankful. I've been married for almost 30 years and have never let my husband contract herpes. I still wonder why some people spread it. I can not fathom having sex during an outbreak, I don't feel the same emotionally.

Comment from: dd1986, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 06

This drug is wonderful. I used to constantly have out breaks, but once I got health insurance and talked to my doctor about it, I've had only one TINY outbreak (it lasted maybe two days and wasn't that painful). The only problem I had was headaches. I changed the time of day and what I ate with it and it's fine now! I'd recommend this to anyone with genital herpes.

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.