Valtrex User Reviews

Valtrex - User Reviews

Valtrex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Valtrex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: yooohoooooo, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 11

I have had genital herpes since i was 13 and am now 22. Since then i have only had 3 outbreaks since then.. If i stop taking it i have outbreaks. But have not had any on the meds. I also have had no side effects as well.

Comment from: on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 01

No outbreaks while on Valtrex. I have used it for several years.

Comment from: prettygirl, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 21

It's a miracle cure for me. I've been taking Valtrex for almost 2 years now after dealing with herpes outbreaks several times a year for 28 years. I have not had 1 outbreak on this medication. I have to take it at the same time every day and with a meal or it upsets my stomach and gives me a headache. It's worth the inconvenience. I have unprotected sex with same partner for 2 years now and he is totally symptom free. It has taken the worry out of the outbreaks for me. With insurance, it only costs me $15 a month but I would pay $100 for it...it's that awesome.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: muggz76, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 02

This medicine is a miracle!!! I have been outbreak free for over a year. My first outbreak had me in agony, my tip for making going to the bathroom bearable is to take a couple of 3 inch gauze pads, soak them with Bactine first aid liquid, then wipe affected area. The first few wipes might be touchy, but then the lidocane numbs so you can pee and wipe like normal.

Related Reading: first aid

Comment from: Katrina, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 28

I would not be without Valtrex! It has greatly helped relieve some of the worries of having HSV and I believe it truly keeps my outbreaks at bay for long periods of time. They didn't have this when I first got HSV and so now it's such a relief to know I can rely on Valtrex.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 20

I had an initial outbreak of genital herpes at age 50 after 28 yrs. of marriage to the same man. I took one 500mg Valtrex once per day for 1 year (recommended) with no side effects, have been off of it for 7 mos. so far and have not had another outbreak since the 1st.

Comment from: babyblu4343, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 17

I started 500mg of Valtrex 2x a day immediately once I was diagnosed with HSV2 (by the ER dr not by a test) I definately felt dizzy and had a lot of achy leg pain but ultimately the sores seemed to heal very quickly. I am taking it only if I feel an outbreak coming on. My dr said that if I experience more than 6 outbreaks a yr then it would be beneficial to take Valtrex everyday. I researched that Valtrex is considered to be the most potent and effective way to treat HSV1&2 because of its unique characteristics...It is very expensive about $90 for 10 pills but DEFINATELY worth it. Ill update once I know more.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 04

After taking Valtrex for two years I haven't had a single outbreak! This medication belped me have a normal life- it's great!

Comment from: rob, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 03

I used to have monthly outbreaks. I insisted on suppressive treatment rather than waiting for symtoms and have been using this for about 4 years. No outbreaks is over a year now. I feel normal again.

Comment from: andi, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 17

I have had genital herpes for almost 30 yrs (I'm 57 now). I began taking Valtrex daily 6 yrs ago to suppress my outbreaks that I still was dealing with every other month. Valtrex is a lifesaver! In the beginning after taking Valtrex, my outbreaks became very slight and now are non-existent. Because the generic is now available my insurance co. won't pay as much if I choose Valtrex and not the generic Valacyclovir. I'll try the generic, but if it isn't as good, I'll go back no matter how much it costs.

Comment from: skibum2003, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 09

I had a supply of Valtrex from previous herpes outbreaks, and when I got shingles, it started with a few blisters on my face, and thinking it was herpes I immediately started taking the Valtrex. Well, I soon discovered that it was shingles, not herpes, but by acting quickly with the medication I knocked out the shingles (symptoms anyway) in about 4 days. I took one 500mg tablet 4x a day for 3 days.

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.