Valtrex User Reviews

Valtrex - User Reviews

Valtrex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Valtrex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ginger, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 06

I have been living with genital herpes for 21 years. I had outbreaks several times a month. I was placed on a high dosage suppression therapy. When I first started taking Valtrex it gave me severe headaches not unlike previous medications. Then I discovered that taking it before bed gave fantastic results. No headaches and I only have an outbreak when I have too much soy in my diet. My outbreaks are limited to 2/3 per year and last less than 2 days.

Comment from: jlove11, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 08

I have had herpes for over 10 years and have been on suppression therapy for over 3 years now and I have not had 1 outbreak, If you dont take it for 3 days in a row you will start to feel an outbreak, take the drug immediately and you will start to feel better. I am so happy now that I dont have those outbreaks anymore, my life is normal again.

Comment from: LuvsRoses, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 30

I have used Valtrex several times now whenever I first feel the tingling sensation that comes before the actual outbreak of the cold sore. Within 24 hours after taking the first dose of Valtrex, the tingling sensation and the beginning signs of the cold sore are gone. No blisters. No pain. I think this medication is remarkable. I have had cold sores all my life and tried everything that the drugstore could offer. Nothing OTC compares with this medication for cold sores. I highly recommend it.

Comment from: Mz Content, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 19

I have been on valtrex for 7 months and have only had one break out. Prior to that I had a break out almost every month from contraction two years ago(cheating ex-boyfriend). I experienced headaches, leg cramps, nausea and fatigue the first 3 months on vatlrex. Similar to the birth control pill, all side effects eventually ceased. I would recommend valtrex to any one that wants to take back control of there lives. I have an amazing man in my life now, and we have the best sex life imaginable.

Related Reading: fatigue | birth control

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 22

My wife and I both take Valtrax daily and have been for over 4 years for supressive therapy. Between the two of us we have had 3 outbreaks since taking Valtrax. Its a "wonder drug" for us.

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.