Vaniqa User Reviews

Vaniqa - User Reviews

Vaniqa User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vaniqa sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: pratt6789, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 11

I am 51 and have been saddled with heavy, dark facial hair on my chin since I was in my twenties. Have gone from plucking once a day every morning to twice a day and it was getting increasingly worse. I am fare skinned and tweezing has permanently discolored my chin area. I went to my dermotologist who mentioned Vaniqa but didn't seem convinced it worked. Two years later I was referred by an endocrinologist to a dermatologist from the Mayo Clini. He immediately put me on Vaniqa and it has been nothing short of a miracle. I noticed a difference within a matter of weeks. I have now been on it for 11 weeks and am so thrilled. The growth has nearly stopped, the hair still coming is lighter and less course and easy to remove. I am no longer get ingrown hairs. This has been a game changer for me. I was tweezing at least an hour a day and it was getting worse. Now I wake up with almost baby soft skin. As for price, I estimate I can get by with purchasing 3 - 4 30 gram tubes per year. I have a prescription card at Walgreens and one tube cost me $70.00. Do yourself a favor, if you truly suffer from male-like facial hair, and buy this product. I just hope its effectiveness continues!

Comment from: margueritte, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 26

Plagued with facial hair that needed tweezing everyday. This is really expensive but I recommend it and will continue to use. I have used this for about 8 weeks and the effects came after 4 weeks and continue. I do understand the twice a day... for forever, but so was the facial hair for forever. Take your pick !!!

Comment from: jessicaaebruno, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 04

This is way better then all of the other stuff that I have tried. I'm with responder below me as well.

Comment from: jen73076, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 23

have had very dark, coarse facial hair for years, especially on upper lip. tried everything. had to remove everyday. very sensitive skin. have used for 6 weeks. noticed a difference by week 4. hair is getting finer everyday, lighter, and less of it. have to remove only about 2 times a week now. no bad reactions at all. finally something that works. it is cheapest at walmart. and you get a mail in rebate. $25 for 1 tube, $50 for 2. get the rebate very quickly. and a tube lasts and lasts. worth it to me.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 11

I have purchased 6 tubes of Vaniqa, 3 tubes at a time, and have given it a lot of time to work, and am very disappointed. I see no change and wish I had spent the money towards lazer hair removal. This is just a temporary solution anyway if it would work. It certainly has not been the results they advertise.

Comment from: designerbabe, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 21

Reading some of the comments from women who shave instead of tweezing having less success, I have this thought. On areas that I tweese around my chin and my mouth (not a lot there) I get very fine and much reduced hair growth using a small amount of Vaniqa..about a 1/4" size drop, once a day. The area that I trim using a scissor around my cheeks to lip area I see much faster hair growth using the Vaniqa there. I believe the secret is in the tweezing of the hair that helps the efficacy of the Vaniqa. I have been using it successfully since it came on the market...Used to tweeze every day and more with ingrown hair and irritation from trying to tweezze the short stubble. Now the hair is finer and easier to pull out. The one BIG negative, like a few others who have used it for a while I too have noticed a fairly noticeable hair loss since using it. May just be an age thing, but my Mother and Father had thick heads of hair into their 90's. I know there is an enzyme that attacks collagen and bone loss, and might also impact hair as well. Any dentist can tell you. Would like to see further information on this.

Related Reading: ingrown hair

Comment from: einstein228, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 01

The pharmacy info that comes with the product does NOT tell you that one of the side effects is hair loss on the head. Pay close attention to your scalp. If you start seeing more scalp than you used to stop using the product. After 2 months of of using vaniqua my scalp started turning bright red in areas and it felt like someone was standing over me trying to lift me off of the ground by my hair. I am still having this pain after one month of not using Vaniqa. I am also now seeing a dermo who has prescribed liquid steriods to stop the pain, redness and hopefully start the growth again. Just as horrible the hair on my head has stopped growing. It's not falling out other than the usual 50 to 100 hairs a day. But my body is no longer replacing those 50-100 hairs in the hair growth cycle. pay close attention to your scalp. Had one of the risks said hair loss on the head I would never have used the product. hopefully after this stuff gets out of my system the hair will grow back.

Comment from: franD, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 03

I am concerned about the long term use of this product. I have seen few reports from users over 3 years and little data of follow-up clinical trials. My own experience after 5 years is somewhat disturbing...While it has been effective in managing hair growth, I developed excessive wrinkling on my upper lip after about 2-3 years which continued to get worse. Despite the fact that I am 66,the rest of my skin is fairly smooth.This is not listed as a side effect--isolated?, related?--but again, the lack of data is a concern. Any long term users?

Skin & Beauty

Get beauty tips and body treatments.