Vaniqa User Reviews

Vaniqa - User Reviews

Vaniqa User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vaniqa sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: vicki.toney, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 29

I must say that when I first started using this product (which is very expensive for such a little amount), it seemed to be working. The pharmacist at Long's said I would have to continue forever to see continued results; but I have to say after initally using it; I don't see results. I've been using it for some 5 months, and still have to shave my upper lip and chin. My chin being the worst area. I have a fair complexion, and the hair grows in dark and stubbly. I hate it, and have been dealing with this for years. I thought I found my answer to the problem, but must admit I am dissatisfied------------------Boo Hoo.

Comment from: cierra1030, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 27

I have used this product and was very pleased with results--as far as removal of hair. However, after about 3 weeks, my face starts breaking out with like really big knots so to speak. I have read other reviews on this site and others but no one else seems to have this problem. It has gotten to the point where I would just rather shave than deal with the acne. Has anyone else experienced this? As far as the medicine doing it's job, I have to give it 5 stars.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: autumn, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 20

I started using vaniqa last year and after a full two months my facial hair was much less noticable and much finer. I could tell it was working by the way my skin tingled when I applied it. Very gentle on skin. Then one month I couldn't afford it, the hair started coming back, and I have to start all over again. Very expensive, requires a commitment, but it works.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 26

At 65 now I have used Vaniqa for a at least 3-4 years without any success. I have short & fine white and black hair on my chin. I have noticed wrinkles around the upper lip & I don't have many wrinkles at all for my age. Plucking has caused discoloration as well. Have been to several Drs. including Dermatologist, talked with Drs. about Lazer treatments which will not work on white hairs & most of mine are white. I had test run to see if it was an inbalance of hormones. Dr. says it does not look bad and she does not notice it but " I DO "!! Can't take a trip without tweezers, mirrow and bright light. It horrible and what's worse my 21 month old grand daughter was looking at my sons facial hair and looked at me and started to touch my chin. This really, really bothered me. I think she is aware of my facial hair at her age. Sorry this is so long. But I truly wish they could come up with something that would help all of us. The use of this product has not helped and am slowing down on the useage. Good luck to all of you that use it and am happy for those it has helped!!!!!!!

Related Reading: wrinkles

Comment from: Mariann J, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 23

I have used vaniqa for about 8 years now, with so-so results (so I thought). I stopped using it about a month ago because I was considering getting my second treatment of laser hair removal. OMG within the last month I have noticed the hairs on my chin and neck are increasingly thick and black... disgusting!! I thought vaniqa wasn't working but OH BOY it was! Many people give up on vaniqa too easily.. if you stay consistent with your treatments (twice a day), it truly does work. I haven't experienced any scalp hair loss whatsoever.. I highly recommend vaniqa for women who are sick and tired of thick dark facial hair. I didn't believe it worked.. but I do now for sure.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 19

I am an African-American medium brown skinned women. I have had facial hair on my upper lip, chin and neck area for about 40 years. I am 59 years old. In addition to the black facial hair, I now have white facial hair in the upper lip, chin and neck area. I have used this product for about 8 months now. This product works on the black facial/chin/neck hair. This product does not work on the white hair at all. I will continue to use the product for now.

Comment from: amanda22, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 02

I could only afford this for the first month as I lost my job, this was in August 07. I still haven't found a job so I have not been able to get back on it. I have PCOS and a full beard. It is not covered by my insurance either. I was looking online for my mom at the Latisse thing, and there was a lot of talk about using online pharmacies from other countries. So I looked up this on all day chemist and they have it for only $18 however I do think that shipping is about twenty dollars. And I don't believe you have to have a prescription for it. I just thought that I would let everyone know about the price for this. Best of luck!

Related Reading: Latisse

Skin & Beauty

Get beauty tips and body treatments.