Vantin User Reviews

Vantin - User Reviews

Vantin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vantin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: debbiet, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 19

I was given Vantin for an upper respiratory infection and severe sore throat. I have taken 7 days worth and my throat is worse, rather than better. Now my ears hurt as well.

Related Reading: Vantin | sore throat

Comment from: sandance, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 08

When I get a sinus infection that the more common anti-biotics won't get rid of, this will every time.

Related Reading: sinus infection

Comment from: tacatcon, Published: August 05

My 3 year old was prescribed the solution of this to help treat a recurrent sinus infection. She was on it for 4 days and developed what appears to be an allergic reaction to it. Her legs were both swollen and purple from the back of her knees down and her feet were swollen. We have taken her off this medication.

Comment from: Russ, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 22

I had a UTI and was given 10 pills, (one a day for 10 days)After just 2 pills, the UTI cleared up. I continued taking the full complement of pills and the UTI has not returned.

Comment from: Dennis, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 16

third day into this treatment began having body aches,then diahrea,next day temp of 101,chills,thought I was going to die.Diahrea still continues 5 days after sopping

Comment from: GAB, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

I developed a bright red rash on my feet and ankles (after completing the prescribed dose of tablets) which over a four-day period spread up to my thighs and abodomen and back. Then my skin peeled as though from a bad sunburn, even to the palms of my hands A dermatologist prescribed a keratin salve. It took over a month and numerous visits to the dermatologist before all the skin peeled and my body gradually returned to normal. A terrible experience for a man over 90. Keep cephalosporins away from me!

Related Reading: rash | sunburn

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 08

had allergic reactions to nitrofurantoin(liver pain and vomiting) and sulfamethoxazole (upset stomach and vomiting). this is the only medicine that worked for me.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: MARGE, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 14

HAVE ONLY BEEN TAKING THIS MEDICATION FOR ABOUT A WEEK, AFTER TWO WEEKS IN HOSPITAL.

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 07

Didn't get nauseous nor any other synptom. East to take.

Comment from: lawbound2010@yahoo.com, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 20

The drugs works great, had a painful left ear and in no time the subsided.