Vasotec User Reviews

Vasotec - User Reviews

Vasotec User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vasotec sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: veebee, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 25

has anyone had this problem.when i take vasotec everything is fine,however when i was given the generic brand sandoz enalapril I have a very bad cough and headaches.please help as im told they have the same ingredients but they act totally different .both lower pressure but the cough is aweful

Related Reading: vasotec | cough

Comment from: archie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 06

i have been on this drug for 20 years and has done avery good job keeping my blood pressure under control with no side effects

Comment from: NOT SO PATIENT, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 24

I STOPED TAKING IT. IT CAUSED ME ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION, AND I DID NOT KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED UNTIL I CONSULTED WITH A DIFFERENT DOCTOR. I AM NOT TAKING IT ANYMORE, AND I AM IN THE PROCESS OF FLUSHING IT OUT OF MY BODY. I HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE, ALMOST FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!1

Related Reading: ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION

Comment from: boppie, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 13

The side effects:unusual tiredness.

Comment from: chan52, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 01

I have taken Vasotec for 19 to 20 years,has been great for me no problems what so ever.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 04

inability to breath at times (breathlessness)

Comment from: 0-2 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 14

my 17 month old baby girlhas to take this twice everyday.She has high blood pressure aused by a very rare but serious kidney disorder called "distal renal tubular acidosis"there isn't a cure but hopefully with time and prayer she'll get better.she's stayed in the hosptal half of her short sweet life.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 11

I have been taking Vasotec for over 12 years and it has been very effective and I feel great. When the generic came out my doctor had me try it and I felt terrible and went back on Vasotec. Now my insurance isn't going to cover the Vasotec and I'm not sure what I am going to do. The insurance finally said they would cover it starting in Jan. 2010 for one year but I'm not sure what I am going to do in the meantime. Can't afford the over $100 for the Vasotec for a month.

Comment from: snyguy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 04

Take vasotec every day with other medication - i.e. 81 grm aspirin, levothyroxin (under active thyroid), lipitor(cholestral), Xxatral(enlarged prostate)and have no interaction problems - - just for your information.

Related Reading: aspirin | lipitor

Comment from: shannon, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 24

I was on a generic for this drug: Enalapril. Took it at bedtime. Middle of night had swelling of lip and tongue first day. But continued and had some minor stomach gas/bloating and sometimes feeling of rapid heart beat. On the eleventh day I had swelling of tongue, lip and closing of throat due to allergic reaction to it. 2 Benedryl dissolving tabs took care of it. But now am off. Too bad I had this reaction because my BP went from 160/95 to 118/80. If you aren't allergic to it, I think it generally would be helpful.

Comment from: skittlynn1, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 03

My husband has been taking Vasotec and he is doing very well on it. He just recently started having a problem when he is bitten by mosquitos and another bug he has whelps. They hurt and do not go away anytime soon. This has been happening for a week. Has anyone ever heard of this while taking Vasotec?