Vasotec User Reviews

Vasotec - User Reviews

Vasotec User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vasotec sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 28

I take two kinds of blood pressure medications and my pressure has remained high even with an increase. My pressure is very high and has been for the last 8 years. But I think because I am female the medical profession doesn't see it as a problem.

Comment from: barbara, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 28

I was prescribed this medication due to the fact that my urine test found a high amount of protein in it and I have Type 2 Diabetes. To help prevent Kidney Disease. Too soon to see if it works.Has given me a no stop hurting cough that won't go away. Hard to sleep. Stomach & ribs ache from cough. I see the dr. in two weeks and he wants me to continue the medication until I see him. I normally have low B/P. B/P is still ok. cough is so bad.

Related Reading: Diabetes | sleep

Comment from: mlbaker, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 10

My pressure fluctuates, and I can't seem to get it to stabilize. The upper number is often 145-155, and the lower stays around 75-85. While this is not terribly high, there are times when both numbers will "skyrocket" for awhile. Fortunately, the medication seems to be helping with that situation.

Comment from: carole, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 21

makes me very tired, fuzzy thinking etc when taken in morning. Take 10mg daily but I weigh 105 lbs. I understand someone weighing much more do not have this problem. I plan to now take it at night with supper to see if that is better.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 30

I've been on this medication for years and I sometimes feel tired with fatique. This bothers me because I like to be up and going and this interrupts my day.

Comment from: mark, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 14

I have been taking vasotec for 17 years without a problem. I can still have 1 or maybe 2 cups of coffee without raising my BP.

Comment from: Ginni, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 07

As with aprevious reviewer, I too have had bugs bites become big welts with no scratching by me. I believe that a side effect may be hives. However the brief experiences of that have been worth the benefits. I found hydrocortisine (sp?) cream helped relieve the welts.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 23

first week had a real "metallic" taste, then that went away, has lowered blood pressure, but I do experience lightheadedness or dizziness if I stand too quickly, especially from a squatting position.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: lucky, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 15

My dose was raised a few months ago and a get dizzie when i get up and my urine was vear dark of and on when i started it 10 or so years ago when they up my does a few months ago its been very dark and i have been having pain and vomiting and nausesness with the very dark urine I going to doc now i read the info and it matches to see if this is the cause they did blood work last week on my live its suppose to be 0.40 to0.50 and it was 1598.2 so I wonder about if its this medication causing it..

Comment from: marty, Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 08

had open heart surgery with 5 bypasses in June. still having high bl. pressure issues. this makes me feel slightly drunk.

Comment from: melloana1@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 03

short of breath