Velcade User Reviews

Velcade - User Reviews

Velcade User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Velcade sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: cthayne@seacolonyrecreation.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 11

The velcade has worked well to respond to the blood disorder, but the side effects are becoming increasingly hard to handle. The pain from neuropothy in the feet, ankles and legs is excruciating, and are worse in the evening after dinner than any other time. The level of pain makes healing very difficult.

Related Reading: velcade

Comment from: fishhead33, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

It is early in my treatments, Still not sure of all side effets. Got sick with flu like symptoms once. And definitely have lack of appetite. W.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: DAVE , 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 24

After being on Revlimid, it was determined that Velcade would do a better job in getting my numbers down to a proper level for a stem cell transplant (autologous). Within 2 cycles I was ready. I had the transplant and within 4 months I was classified as CR (complete response). It will be 2 years in May 2010 and my numbers are still good. The only side effect of the medication is peripheral neuropathy. Although pretty bothersome, it is better than the alternative. I am aware that there is no cure for MM but thankfully there are drugs out there to help us survive.

Related Reading: Revlimid | peripheral neuropathy

Comment from: Susan Dorffi, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 21

I have had MM for five years with no symptoms other than a bloodclot. Velcade has knocked my protein levels down to normal with 6 treatments.Excruciating neuopathy in legs discontinued treatment. I am taking Lyrica which knocked out the neuropathy completely.

Related Reading: Lyrica

Comment from: John A, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 19

The pain from neuropothy in the feet, ankles and legs is excruciating. It is so bad that I can not be on my feet for more that 2 min at a time. The worse part is, the pain just doesn't go away.

Comment from: ohiomom, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 16

I was scheduled to have eight rounds of four injections each. After only four rounds, I was in remission! However, I did develop neuropothy in my feet, experienced vomiting and diarrhea, chills and weakness. It was not easy, but I would do it again, as I have been in remission for six years.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: Theaoneandonly, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 22

Initially treated with radiation & steroids, been on Velcade for 7 months. Mild nausea initially, some constipation, worst side effect for me has been lethargy. My numbers are in normal ranges, being transplanted next month. Had no neuropathy, no hair loss, mild appetite suppression but no weight loss. Can "taste" smell of medication days after treatment... but I can tolerate that. Experiencing "dry" eyes, facial hair, and acne, but doctor says that they most likely from steroids. I am very pleased with my results & treatment.

Related Reading: constipation | hair loss | acne

Comment from: Shirley, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 05

Shirley age 71 Less back pain,able to cut down on morphine.

Comment from: wolverton, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 08

constant, non-stopped pain. legs swelled, unable to get shoes on, stand or walk short distance, elevating legs, hot tubs or rubs, nothing seams to be working. morphine, oxycodone,or oxycotin. none are working. m-spike is going down bit the pain is unbearable.

Cancer