Velcade User Reviews

Velcade - User Reviews

Velcade User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Velcade sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 07

Diagnosed with MM in January, and started on an aggressive treatment using Thalidamide(daily),changed to Revlamid(daily), Dexmathazone(weekly), and Velcade injections(twice a week). The combination worked very well, and now getting ready for a stem cell transplant, so I am only on a maintenance dose of Velcade once a week. Side effects have varied, but have been able to control some of them using other medications(most over the counter). The only side effect that has been bothersome has been the pain in my hands and feet, but over the last couple of weeks, using heat in the evening and a change in medications(the addition of a beta-blocker), the pain has lessened and has become livable.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 10

adominal pain, diarrhea, sleepiness

Comment from: rosetta, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 08

Was on Velcade for approx. one year. Tolerated ok except for constipation. Stopped after yr., was told it was no longer working. Next put on Thalidomid which I could not tolerate (had also tried Doxil which caused very bad side effects). Now told there is no other drug to treat my condition. Anyone with similar experience please write. I am a 78-yr-old female. email marge0225@hotmail.com

Related Reading: Doxil

Comment from: marge, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 26

Side effect of constipation and loss of appetite.

Comment from: barbarian14, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 25

the injection is relatively painless and I have had little if any side effects aside from thirst and hunger

Comment from: Richard, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 22

You have to be satisfied with being in remission, but the neuropathy in my feet really makes me question whether or not I should have gone the transplant route. I just found out the Velcade has damaged the nerves in my stomach where I can't digest food correctly. Make sure you are up front and honest with you Doctor about the pain. DO NOT assume the pain is supposed to be that bad.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 02

I have loss muscle mass, and I have tingling in my feet.I also don't have very much energy.Walking can also be difficult.

Comment from: JEFF, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 24

patient became tachy and lethargic

Comment from: ljbisbee, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 13

I began chemotherapy soon afterwards but I don't think with Velcade. I went to the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in the summer of 2008 to have extensive chemo in preparation for a stem cell transplant which she had soon afterward. When I returned to Florida, where we live, in early September 2008 my oncologist put me on Velcade. So far, so good. Even though I have side effects such as nausea and fatigue I seem to handle my treatments OK. Some of the best places for treatment for are in Florida, they are the Cleveland Clinic in Weston, Florida, the Mayo Clinic also in Florida and of course, Sloan-Kettering in New York.

Related Reading: Cancer | fatigue

Comment from: mrhodes2, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 09

This drug cause lost appitite, weekness and leg swelling.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 18

mantle cell lymphoma caused lumps on my legs that were malignant in the Spring of 07. I am due a PET on Nov. l0. I hope it will still be found to have delayed recurrence.

Comment from: on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: February 01

My 72 yo mom took this for a few months through IV while also getting dexamethazone. She didn't want stem cell. Ths brought her kidneys back and the light chain numbers down to the 40's but doc recommended diff treatment, said still too high. Did a trial at Stanford then on o revlimid. Numbers back up to 60's so considering adding velcade at lower dose and not IV. Neuropathy so bad with IV she couldn't walk and took over 6mos to get feeling in feet again.

Cancer