Ventolin Solution User Reviews

Ventolin Solution - User Reviews

Ventolin Solution User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ventolin Solution sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ASTHMATIC, Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 06

This drug and Proventil both made my ears ring, and almost immediately caused a very nervous sensation. Repeated usage caused me to have Panic Attacks which required a 5mg of Buspirone to settle me down. A second 5 mg of Buspirone was needed to stop the nervousness and ear ringing let up drastically after the second dose about 6 hours later. Please be careful taking this drug or any with Albuterol Sulfate base as you might get the same reaction. I have used Primatene Mist and others since I was a child and am 70 years old now. They never gave me anything worse than a "racy pulse" sensation. If one puff was inhaled, usually no reaction was had and the relief was almost immediate.

Comment from: AC, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 30

I've been using it since I was 8. Mainly before exercise (long distance running) to prevent a flair up, but I find the better in shape I am the less I need it. I also need it when i get a cold. I recently started looking at the side effects and I have experienced many of them without ever knowing they could be caused by the inhaler. The side effects I have experienced include: ringing in ears, fainting, trouble sleeping, heart palpitations, nervousness. I am going to consult now with a naturopath and see what some plant based alternatives could be and try and get in even better shape to reduce my use. However, i don't know if i will ever be able to completely stop using the drug for when i get sick or run a long time the bronchial constriction can get fairly bad.

Related Reading: fainting | palpitations

Comment from: hufferberry, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 17

The inhaler itself worked very well as a rescue inhaler, however, the dosage counter on mine was inaccurate. It stopped dispensing medication when the counter said I still had 14 doses left, which resulted in a very unpleasant attack in the middle of the night. Do not rely on the dose counter, and make sure you refill your prescription long before you run out of doses.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 04

Ventolin HFA seems to be more effective than ProAir HFA. Also, it has a built-in dose counter so I can know when I need to order a refill.

Related Reading: Ventolin HFA | ProAir

Comment from: Wheezy, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 29

i need to know if the delivery vehicle "oilec acid" is peanut oil? I am alergic to peanuts and found that Combivent contains "oilec acid" and turned out to be actually a cryptic name for PEANUT OIL.

Related Reading: Combivent

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 05

I have has asthma since I was 8. Since I started using this medication I have had no problems with my asthma. It's prevented asthma attacks that I was at risk of getting during my horseback riding and karate lessons.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 02

Ventolin has worked very well... BUT... Has anyone else had vision problems? Since going on ventolin, macular degeneration has gotten MUCH worse. I don't know if the problem is related to the medication, but the timing is right on... started the meds, eyes got worse (got worse VERY quickly, and are continuing to do so).

Related Reading: macular degeneration

Comment from: ventolin, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 13

had all major side effects, very frightening the problems especially the chest pains and worse breathing problems