Veramyst User Reviews

Veramyst - User Reviews

Veramyst User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Veramyst sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jim, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 01

I have taken Veramyst for 7-10 years. The side effects was impotence (loss my sex life) and flu like symptoms that include fever,chills and body aches. I did not relize my problems were from Veramyst. Be careful!!!

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: Emily, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 05

I have chronic stuffy and inflammed nose because of allergies. I was recently getting frequent headaches in the facial area, so my doctor gave me this to try. I have to say, when I have a sinus headache, this medicine clears it up in about ten minutes. I can breathe through my nose again. The only thing I do not like is the button you must push to spray the medicine. Sometimes if you don't hold the bottle or push the button just right, it doesn't spray anything. So I have to take a lot of test sprays, which wastes expensive medicine. But I am very satisfied with the way the medicine works.

Related Reading: sinus headache

Comment from: Nancy, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 11

Veramyst worked well for my year-round allergies, but after using it for a couple of weeks, it made my nose bleed. I am very disappointed. I don't recommend it for long-term use.

Comment from: Ginny, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 23

My allergies are perennial and severe but I was reluctant to take drugs because of the cost. I started using this in February and have never felt better. Out of 4 medications my allergist gave me prescriptions for, this is the only one I need to use. So I get maximum results with minimum drug use. Excellent!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 21

After using the spray for the first time, I became aggitated and heart rate increased. I was unable to sleep and experienced some nausea. I felt dizzy and disoriented as well. Since this is the only medication that is new on my regime, I felt it was the culprit. I cannot take steriods and this morning I read the drug ingredients which included cortisteroids. I am assuming this was the problem.

Comment from: stephgill, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 03

I have been on Veramyst for over 1 year it is the only spray I have found to relieve my symptoms of sneezing, stuffy nose and sore throat. I don't even know I have allergies most of the time. The only symptom it does not relieve are my itchy watery eyes. Have not found anything for that yet.

Comment from: julieulv, 13-18 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 09

I'm usually running around with my nephews and neices and that was sadly coming to an end because I was always congested and I'll. I'd get sinus headaches that wouldn't allow me to perform daily activities. The doctor prescribed nasonex in combination with loratadine (claritin) and that didn't do much for me, he later prescribed veramyst in combination with loratadine(claritin) and it works wonders. I no longer get sinus pressure and my year-round allergies don't act up anymore. I'm completely happy with the results, oh and no increase in appetite!

Related Reading: nasonex | claritin

Comment from: nyrfan, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 03

This bottle is too fancy to use easily. I believe that my itchy, burning eyes, incessant hunger, and never-ending headache, which others have mentioned, are resulting from this medication, which has done nothing to decrease my nasal congestion. Nasonex had stopped working like it used to, but at least I had none of these side-effects.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 01

Even on my regular oral allergy medicine I was still having symptoms. This cleared my congestion and sneezing. Its great!

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: kRRT, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 04

As a lifelong allergy sufferer and a Respiratory Therapist, I have a positive review of Veramyst. First thing in response to other readers- you're not gaining weight from inhaled steroids. They don't work like anabolic steroids or like oral ones(ex:prednisone)!theres a small chance of water weight gain, but maybe you're eating more due to an improved sense of smell... As far as nosebleeds,headaches, etc,this has happened to me only with the most effective sprays. Ask your MD about reducing the amount of sprays or use if this occurs.also consider saline rinse once a day. Out of all the steroid sprays/inhalers,I truly find fluticasone to be the best for knocking out inflammation, although once its working, it becomes apparent just how strong it is.