Veregen User Reviews

Veregen - User Reviews

Veregen User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Veregen sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: HPVgal, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

I applied this only twice. I have flat warts over a large portion of my labia. I checked tonight and noticed white tissue paper like stuff everywhere (thought it was from wiping) but further examination revealed it was a very thin layer of skin peeling off. AND, my warts are nearly gone! After 2 times!!! I can hardly find them! This stuff is amazing! Go botanical/natural remedies! :) Hopefully there is more improvement to come! My Dr. didn't even know about this stuff. I did my own research and told her I wanted to try it. (after reading Aldara horror stories)

Related Reading: warts | Aldara

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 01

I had began treatment for my external Genital Warts last fall, and was on a regiment of cryo treatment and Aldara. I did not have very large or pronounced warts but smaller ones mostly around the base of my penis, and on the backside of the shaft. Aldara did absolutely nothing except tear my skin up around my scrotum. I was very discourgaged as the cryo was working, but when other smaller warts would appear the Aldara was completely ineffective. I thought I would try Veregen, as my dermatologist had briefly mentioned it and gave me a pamphlet. I started using it as directed, 3x a day. Probably after the first 2 days I noticed a smaller outbreak of what looked like more very small warts. I was very upset but continued the treatment.To my suprise teh small spots started turning black and eventually disappeared, and within two weeks most all the warts were gone. I am very happy with the product, and my dermatologist is excited because he said to this point he hasn't really recommended it to many patients. Every now and again Ill get a small wart , and resume treating it with the Veregen and it will usually be gone within 3-4 days. I know everyone's immune system is different, but it's worth a shot! Good luck!

Related Reading: Veregen

Comment from: hope, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 10

I noticed what seemed to be a single mole near my scrotum, then it became more. I went to the doctor and he recommended veregen. I've been using it now for five and a half months. I'm extremely compliant, and diligent. I apply twice a day, morning and evening, and always after a shower for maximum contact. I have seen a slow, and I mean slow dissipating of the hvp over the months, then at five and a half months into this therapy of veregen there exploded, literally overnight, new areas of presentation just at the base of my shaft. These were very large and shocked me. I am continuing the treatment and hoping this is the 'death throws' of the hvp. This new area seems to be in the state of almost crusting over after just a few days of treatment, something the other area took months to do. After this stage, if it holds true, there is a scabbing and then healing. But even in the previous areas where it has gone away, and now feels smooth, there are dark dots marking the areas they existed. Hopefully this will go away over time. I have an appointment to see the doctor again in a few weeks, will report back. Hang in there everyone, it is just 'life'. And for those despondent over future relationships, this may not convince you, but people in generally are more interested in the bigger part of who you are than an issue like this. And there is a vaccine. Funny, I asked my doctor for this vaccine some years ago and he said "unless there is something about you I don't know, you don't need it". I took it to mean that it only affects those who are gay. I'm a male, and just took his advice as good advice. I do not know why he shunned my request but I would insist if I could go back in time. Take heart! Think positive! Heal! :)

Comment from: carl, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 25

this stuff works..have been clear for 7 nonths now after 12 years.aldara didnt work for me.i used veregen, 2000 iu vitimin d3 and drink plenty of green tea. keeping my fingers crossed

Comment from: gargamel, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 11

I've been seeing a dermatologist for several years now. On and off, I'll get one wart and he'll electrocauterize it. All of a sudden, I get a ring of very small ones at the base of the glans and on the foreskin. Doc tells cauterizing isn't an option because, He gives me a sample of veregen. I start using it, and not seeing any effects (bad or good) I decide to fill the scrip and keep trying. $150 for 15 grams - with insurance! This is Green Tea extract! How does a drug company rationalize a supply chain that brings the their product to end consumers at $311 retail? Anyway, continued using and developed contact dermatitis. Which SUCKED. Itching, burning, tingling rash over my entire penis and scrotum. It was awful. Took 10 days to clear up. It kept me awake at night it was so bad. And, a few weeks later, I sloughed off a layer of scan. Started looking like a white calculus, but soon separate flakes were visible. Some, not all, but some of the warts went with this. Since then, my irritation/inflammation has been intermittent, and I'm periodically sloughing skin even though I've stopped using the veregen. I'm hoping this is my body *finally* mounting an immune response. Maybe I'll be hpv-free again soon. If that happens, I'd change this to a 5* rating without a second thought.

Related Reading: Itching | rash