Veregen User Reviews

Veregen - User Reviews

Veregen User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Veregen sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Fitz, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 07

I had previously been using Zyclara, which worked well, but since I also have Psoriasis my skin became extremely sensitive. I had stopped using Zyclara for about three months before I received Veregen. In the mean time I had used Tea Tree Oil, which actually worked but was very hard to apply. The Veregen cream is in paste form, making it very easy to apply. Within only 4 days, the warts began to turn black--this is where I am currently. I'm very impressed, and there is hardly any pain. I'm also a smoker, so I suppose quitting will help--as well as a proper diet and exercise. I'm not sure if my issues are more complicated by the fact I have Psoriasis down there too, but Veregen seems not to exacerbate the psoriasis.

Related Reading: Zyclara | Psoriasis

Comment from: wishingthey'dgoaway, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 24

Unfortunately the Veregen has not worked for me. I've been on it about 8 weeks, now and although I haven't completed the full term I haven't seen any change. I have a severe breakout in my Inguinal area and have been dealing with denital warts for over 4 years unable to get rid of them. Veregen feels repulsive when it's on..gooey and filmy. I found things flaking off but quickly realized it was the dried up cream, not my warts. The pain was so bad from this drug, I actually went back to my Dermatologist and was willing to deal with the awful pain of the Chryotherapy for a quicker result. I tried to use the Veregen directly after to help the healing process (which I DO NOT recommend) it made the pain worse..extremely worse. My doctors were not aware that this would happen but directed me to discontinue use and allow the chryotherapy to do it's job. I think this cream should be recommended only for areas outside of the Inguinal area, possibly only the shaft and above, as the added moisture of the cream in the inguinal area only seems to irritate the warts more. I wish I had a better review, but this is my experience. I hope you have better luck

Comment from: Mad , 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 09

Have been using this ointment for over a month and I have experienced all of the side effects listed on the leaflet. Burning, soreness, swelling, hard spots and sores. This is very painful. I am almost ready to discontinue this treatment. There are days when it seems like the warts are getting better, the skin that develops on the wart will peel away and the soreness will go away then the next day a new skin develops and the pain is back. I thought that after a month I would see improvement but it seems to be worse. I'll check back in later.

Comment from: Its just a issue you have to deal with, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 23

Have dealt with gw's for a few years now, would go in freeze off and be clear for a couple months and always come back.. Aldara honestly didnt have much of a reaction at all. Started veregen 9 days now, around day four had alot of groups of red bumps, that quickly turned white and about 6 or 7 days in most are scabbing/turning black and seemingly fall off, while i didnt have these spots before, the spots have all shown up in areas i have had to have frozen off in the past, for the most part. Burning has been mild, does itch but bareable, is a little sensitive. Knocked it down a star on effectivness and satisfaction because the one spot i went in for that was most visible hasnt changed much, so part of me questions if these red bumps that changed to black scabs and are falling could be follicles? or forsyth spots? All of my spots have always been a pain to treat because they have been very tiny and tough to spot, the paste does make it easier to apply but then again you do end up getting it on a larger area most of the time.

Comment from: hpvhaterrr, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 21

I was so hopeful when I was given this medication. I loved the fact that it was more herbal than most drugs. I ended up being so disappointed! I was diagnosed in August. I was given Aldera but it did not work at all for me. I only had a few. I applied 3x/wk. Just made tender but not positive effects. The gyno did not give me many treatment choices. After doing some online research, I read about having them frozen by a dermatologist, which I did. This was not as painful as I read. Hurt for a few seconds, but then went away. The worst part was the black dots that appeared. The doc also said that I could try Veregen. She said that it didn't burn like Aldera, but it had to be used 3x/day. I used Veregen one night, then 3x the next day. Woke up on 3rd day and had huge red blister type spots that were totally worse than anything I had ever had. It was so painful, to the point that I skipped work After calling the nurse, I was told to come in. The doc wrote me a rx for a steroid cream but made the comment that it doesn't affect that many people that way, and if I really wanted to get rid of it quickly I would continue use because it was bringing toxins to the surface. After reading so many positive reviews I decided to tough it out and continue with the Veregen and not fill the rx. I continued to use for a wk, through the pain and taking many Aleve. At my follow up a wk later, the doc said that I was completely inflammed. The doc didn't know how I was standing it. Some of the larger spots that formed while taking the meds fell off while wiping to leave open sore spots) but new ones appeared, more than dissapeared. I was taken off Veregen, but on a steroid cream, antiobiotic cream and oral steroids. I feel as if I am ruined and the pain and spots will not go away! If you fill this rx and have lots of pain after a couple of days STOP! I will so be throwing this med away and just continuing the freezing every 2 wks after I'm healed enough to do so.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 20

In the past I have used Aldara (which only kind of worked), acid treatment (same), then a combination of Condylox and freezing treatment which had great effect together but is very expensive. My doc gave me a bunch of samples of Veregen to use, then I moved. Using this for about 3-4 weeks now. At first I thought it made the GW's larger, but recently they have shrunken to smaller than before. The main side effect I've had is the blistering, but that was when I was applying to areas around my GW's. Now I apply it very precisely with minimal side effects. I am happy with the effects so far and am going to make an appt with a derm to freeze what I have left and continue to use Veregen simultaneously. I am also drinking about a quart of green tea per day, quit smoking, and quit drinking for now... boosts the immune system. Iwould recommend this to anyone who has a little patience, this is coming from someone who has done many different treatments. It may not be the best, but I'm very satisfied so far. Hope this helps. :)

Related Reading: Condylox | smoking