VESIcare User Reviews

VESIcare - User Reviews

VESIcare User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication VESIcare sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bama, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 25

swelling, caused angio-edema (Anaphylactic reaction) which made my lips, tongue, and throat swell where I could not breathe. I had taken a pill before going to sleep, and the doctors said if I had not had a phone call that woke me up, I would have died in my sleep. I was admitted to hospital for 3 days. I would NEVER want someone to take this med. It was given as a sample by a urologist. If I had researched the internet I would have seen (example WebMD and other sites): "Some side effects with VESICARE, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to: Severe constipation, Worsening of glaucoma, Difficulty passing urine, Confusion, Depression, Signs of an allergic reaction, such as unexplained rash, hives, itching, wheezing, and unexplained swelling(especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing." NONE of this was on the insert with the med, or on the TV ads! I almost died from this drug! Take another drug, not Vesicare.

Related Reading: edema | sleep | VESICARE

Comment from: princess, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

After over 7 years of wetting, accidents, knowing every bathroom in 4 states, and even wearing diapers, this is an answer to my prayers! Detrol didn't work, exercise didn't work, nothing seemed to work. This is the first time I feel like I can take a trip with other people and not panic about the bathroom. The dry mouth is a problem, but the main side effect is the drowsiness. I am working on dealing with it, because the alternative is much worse.

Related Reading: Detrol | dry mouth

Comment from: m293131, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 07

I started VESICARE three years ago, thought I didn't have any side efffects until last summer acid reflux kept getting worse even with medication, shortness of breath, pains in chest. I was dizzy and had problems with memory and heart problems. I have long-qt and brought it to my dr attention. Off vesicare for 4 days, acid refluc much better, asthma, long-qt, no dizzy and memory has improved and have more energy. Will never use again

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 23

It works BUT an accidental overdose simulated symptoms of A MINOR STROKE. the mind "lost it". Amnesia. (two days)

Related Reading: STROKE

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 19

I have been taking 10mg Vesicare for over one year and it has made a profound difference in my life - no more pads, disposable underwear etc. However, I have recently been having trouble with short term memory. I am 73 and I attributed it to age and dementia but now I read where Vesicare may cause memory loss. I still work as a bookkeeper at a local business and cannot afford to keep forgetting things - and I don't know whether to quit the Vesicare or not. Anyone out there have any experience with memory loss as a result of incontinence drugs????

Related Reading: dementia

Comment from: Trishds41, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 15

It worked but I became so constipated I had to stop taking it

Comment from: Carry, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 17

After being on Vesicare for 6 weeks, I noticed a feeling of anxiety and palpitations. Went to the Doctor and found out that my blood pressure was high. He prescribed Blood Pressure Med. A Beta Blocker for palpitations. Never had high blood pressure before. Also dry mouth, dizziness, constipation, and a feeling of being mentally in a fog. Then I read the printout from the drugstore with a list of side effects. Anxiety and a faster heartbeat are a few of the listed side effects. I am stopping Vesicare. I am curious to see if my palpitations and anxiety improve. I have a feeling they will. Will report back in a few weeks.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.