VESIcare User Reviews

VESIcare - User Reviews

VESIcare User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication VESIcare sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sasha, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 24

The side effects are too much to deal with. The dry mouth and the constipation are difficult. It makes me drowsy so I tried it at night, but the dry mouth wakes me up. I have had these same side effects with other meds too. So maybe I will just have to live with the OAB. I cannot take this for the 3 months recommended by my doctor to achieve maximum results.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: Monica507, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 03

It works very well, but i don't know if I can handle the side affects. I've had stomach cramping and upset stomach since I started taking it. Do the side affects ease up at taking the medication for a while?

Comment from: Lynne, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 22

Since I have started taking Vesicare I have had swollen legs, ankles and feet. And the cramping in my legs have been horrible. I plan to stop taking the medicine and see if the swelling and cramping will subside.

Comment from: marilynm45, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 09

I have been on this med for some time now and at the beginning it was fine no side effects but as of today I am retaining fluid in my legs and feet and it is very uncomfortable. I called my doctor and they told me to stop using it right away and I have an appointment tomorrow to be checked out. I have also experience dry mouth upset stomach and headaches.

Comment from: Gifty, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 16

I was being treated for enlarged prostrate and in fact had over active bladder. Within 5 days after I started taking this drug I was back to normal.

Comment from: Nonsleeper, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 23

Am I the only one who experiences sleep problems? I have been taking Vesicare 5 mg for three weeks now. I was fine (besides having to get up three times a night to use the bathroom which that has subsided with the medication) but now I barely get any sleep and I am always dehydrated. All I drink is water all day long and I never touch caffeine. Sometimes I get stomach pains too. I'm at a loss about the sleep issues though.

Comment from: greeneyes, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 06

They thought I had Interstitial Cystitis and I tried many drugs and treatments which did not help (Detrol;Flomax;Macrobid;& others). This is the first drug that has not only helped but changed my life. For the last 7 years I have suffered 2-6 weeks of misery 4-6 times a year where my bladder was constantly in spasm. This drug has almost completely stopped these symptoms. Since I began using this drug almost a year ago, I have had only one recurrence of my symptoms (when I got a yeast infection) that lasted for 10 days. I do have some side affects: dry mouth, and some blurry vision... I have always had some memory issues so I can't blame the Vesicare. So far the minor side affects are a small price to pay for a significantly improved quality of life!

Related Reading: Interstitial Cystitis | Flomax | Macrobid

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 20

I've tried enablex and detrol LA before without total success. With vesicare, I am extremely dizzy all day. I can deal with the dry mouth - but I am having trouble dealing with the dizziness.

Related Reading: enablex | detrol LA | dizziness

Comment from: Explorer, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 20

Medicine has caused my eyes to dry out and constipation.

Comment from: roseguyworcester@aol.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 15

this works for me better than detral, enablix or oxibutin...so far so good

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.