Vfend User Reviews

Vfend - User Reviews

Vfend User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vfend sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 08

I have been on Vfend for 3 months to treat an invasive fungal lung infection, aspergillosis. There are many side effects and the most current one was a sudden onslaught of double vision. My doctor has taken me off the Vfend and may order a brain CT Scan to identify the cause of the vision abnormalities. My doctor wants me to try Noxafil Oral instead. The list of side effects for both drugs appear to be similar. My lung infection has improved while using the drug Vfend, but the side effects have become debilitating, forcing me to miss work.

Related Reading: Vfend | double vision | Noxafil

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 15

When I first started this medication, I was nauseated, and had blurry vision for up to an hour after taking it. The side effects are very minimal now. I have been on it for 2 1/2 years, and it has keep me alive without affecting my transplant.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 03

at first this medicine made me feel sour inside along with vomiting.i dreaded taking it 2x a day.but i noticed when i take it WITH food instead of a hr before or after.i feel alot better

Comment from: ABPA, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 10

Taking 2 pills a day increases my blurry vision and dizziness. Used with antibioditis increases these side effects even more. After taking it for a couple months I went to 1 pill a day and had minimal side effects. When I went off it, my aspergillosis came back and it took a long time to work again. It takes a couple months to start working and a couple months to get out of your system when you stop taking it.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: minou0809, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 12

My husband had severe allergic reaction to this drug. Swelling of his arms, legs, feet. Slurred speech, halluzinations, vision problems, cold sweats, vomiting...

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 21

I used this after Diflucan for Coccidioidomyhcosis (Valley Fever). Severe vomiting, hallucinations, and woke up in middle of night to searing pain in foot then numbness on that entire side of body. This was after 3 - 200mg doses. No more Vfend, no more nasty side effects. May work great for someone else, unfortunately not for me.

Related Reading: Diflucan | Valley Fever

Comment from: Bonnie Louise, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 09

I started this medication May 2012 after two bouts of pneumonia....when it was discovered that i had Aspergillosis. I read the reviews plus the decription of the the medication and was terrified....to date...after 3.5 months of 400mg per day I have had NO side effects other than sun sensitivity. My lungs are improving and hopefully I will be able to stop the drug in a few more months. I had a body scan on August 8, 2012 and no skin cancer or moles have changed. What I will say is this.....the medication is EXPENSIVE (no generic) and had I not had a drug plan I do not know what I would have done....it is $2600.00 per month....ouch

Related Reading: pneumonia | skin cancer | moles

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 22

I was/am colonized with aspergillus and was treated with IV Vfend before and after a double lung transplant. Experienced terrifying hallucinations for days both times, although docs suspected the pain medication was potentiating this effect. Am getting ready to start again, 200mg twice daily oral, and I am not looking forward to it. Horrible drug but sadly there are few options.

Comment from: Report27, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 01

This medication needs to be retested by the FDA. It has horrific side affects. I believe permanent, in the case of my husband. It causes hallucinations of great magnituded, liver function test to be extremely high. Swelled peeling legs, fluid retention in the legs..If we had it all to do over, we'd have refused treatment of this sort. It's better to die of fungal disease than to experience this kind of adverse reactions. My husband after being treated with this medication had to undergo an pysch evaluation for the first time in his life. He was cleared after getting off this med within 12 hours. Confused, distorted thoughts. It was hard on the family and it was hard to see someone suffer from a medication. Patients need to be protected from this medication!!!Stay away from this. Please don't take this medication. It set my husband back for month.

Related Reading: liver