Vicodin ES User Reviews

Vicodin ES - User Reviews

Vicodin ES User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vicodin ES sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: USAFSGT, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 08

I was prescribed this drug approx. 5 years ago. I use it for breakthrough pain. I take morphine SR 30mg q12h for my chronic, severe, pain as a result of breaking my neck and damaging my spinal cord. The Vicodin is used q6-8 hrs as needed for pain above and beyond my chronic suffering. I was a medic in the USAF prior to my injury so I know a bit about the pharmacology of this drug. If you use it post surgically or for an acute (short term) injury you need to exercise caution. If you suffer from chronic pain the addiction potential is minimal. Addiction occurs by the drug reaching the "pleasure centers" of the brain. In chronic pain it never, or extremely rarely reaches those centers. It is diverted to the source of the pain instead. You should not be afraid to take it as prescribed and needed. You must ry to stay ahead of pain. Once the pain has arisen it is somewhat futile to chase it trying to get relief.

Related Reading: Vicodin | chronic pain

Comment from: twister, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 27

i have been on vicodin for many years, due to severe back problems.

Comment from: freebornman20042aol.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 08

I have been on vicoden 500. For lower lumbar back chronic pain. I have had 2 MRI's I have bulging disc's at L/4-L/5-S/1 with sciatica flare up's. The buldging rains from 3 milameters to 7 milameters. Also suffer from muscle spasms & sharp pain down my left leg to my foot. I have been on the same dosage for 8 year's. To me it seem's it just is not working as well as it did at 1st. I feel I need my meds. up graded to a stronger strength I truely believe my tolerance has raised to the effect of the med & I need a stronger dose.?? My Dr. is trying to put off lower back surgery as long as possible. I have had 5 epideral steriod injection's in the past. I just really feel I need a stronger dosage to help to relieve the chronic pain. I am in pain daily on a scale of 1 to 10. I live with about a pain scale of 5 daily & when I have a flare up it jump's right to a 10. I really feel I need the vicoden es or something stronger.? I can't seem to understand why my Dr. or other Dr.'s just don't seem to want to give a stronger dosage or med to relieve the pain & I have 2 MRI.'s to prove the back problems. It just seem's it is harder for a mid aged male to get the pain meds.? Also 1 year ago I lost my best friend & hero my Dad a 37 year City Captain of our Fire Dept. I was a live in caregiver & Dad was a big man, I have done alot of heavy lifting to help out Dad which I know cannot be good on my lower back.? I would gladly accept any solutions anyone has to offer.!!

Related Reading: sciatica | muscle spasms

Comment from: seashell, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 20

This drug works very well BUT IT IS AN ADDICTIVE DRUG!!! I have been taking this fro 4 years due to 13 reconstructive surgeries. I am now trying to get off of it (against medical advice) and it is HORRIBLE!If doinf this on your own (not recomended) you have to ween yourself off a little at a time and it is pure HELL! Only take as long as necessary and only as prescribed!

Comment from: Sharkguy, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 06

I found that with vicodin in my system i can go about my day. This is a wonderful treatment for back pain.

Comment from: lasvegasgeek, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 12

Very effective. However, it is very addictive. Do not take this for longer than 1 month or you WILL become addicted to this drug. Also tolerance builds rather quickly.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 02

I was prescribed this for Chronic Regional Pain Synrome and along with Cymbalta and an occasional muscle relaxer it works very good. I can function fairly well without wanting to sleep all the time. I have been on 10/500 for over 4 years now, and personally I think the addiction in dependent on the person. I can go without it. In fact I was without them cause I didn't have insurance at the time and I didn't have withdrawl symptoms at all, just a lot of pain.

Related Reading: Cymbalta | sleep

Comment from: MrCalifornia, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 25

After liposuction, the doctor prescribed Vicodin ES, for pain. One pill did not help, so about six hours later I took two pills, before going to sleep. I awoke, after about one and a half hours, in a deep sweat. My hair was completely soaked and dripping moisture. My body was wet with sweat. I did not take Vicodin, again, and have not had a repeat occurance of the sweating.

Related Reading: Vicodin ES