Vicodin ES User Reviews

Vicodin ES - User Reviews

Vicodin ES User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vicodin ES sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: BJ, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 30

I have been taking vicodin for a while on and off as needed. One thing is the pain intensifies when the medication wears off. It has helped and no I am not addicted as it can be habit forming. it has casued a fatty liver and mood swings as well as stomach pain. it is best to use this medication very infequently and not long term. You can build up a resistance quickly.

Related Reading: fatty liver

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 19

Anyone who continues to use this drug beyond its prescribed perameters has a dependency issue brewing. Not that dependency is neccesarily a bad thing but the patient will soon turn to purchasing the drug on the street and the abuse of the drug will increase. Why is it ok to be addicted to coffee or cigarettes but not ok to be addicted to an opiode based drug??

Comment from: jayme, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 23

this menication has helped me to live life again. and its a shame people don"t listen to there doctors and take it like your doc tells you to!!!!!!!!!

Comment from: margie, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 03

It works best if i keep it in my system all the time.

Comment from: sue333, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 11

I have been taking this drug since I fell on ice and fractured 4 bones in my right foot. After a physical therapist did more harm than good and pain blocks that stopped working; I started taking Vicodin for the pain. That was 4 years ago. I also have three neck disc's. in the 3rd. stage of degeneration. Vicodin (500mg - 2 or 3 times a day) does not take my pain completely away but it does enable me to function on a daily basis. Yes, it is addicting. I'm not sure if it's the drug itself or just the idea of being in pain if I stop. I beleive this drug also gives you somewhat of a false sense of security because it does take away pain. So don't over-do-it and end up needing a higher dose. Take care of yourself.

Comment from: paulpeters, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 27

I have been taking the drug for years due to chronic pain, fibro and arthritis. I very rarely get any high. It helps take the "edge" off of the pain, and that helps alot.

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: HELPMYPIAN, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 02

I HAVE BACK PAIN AND HEADACHES ALL THE TIME AND THIS MEDICATION HELPS. YOU CAN FEEL THE EFFECT OF IT IN ABOUT 30 MINUTES AND LASTS ABOUT 3-4 HOURS

Comment from: goldingirl522003, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 07

reliev pain from disk disease. would like to know what mg this pill is

Comment from: Shawna, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 14

I have RA and Fibromyalgia and have been taking the 750's since May. I just realized that its making me angry , depressed and possibly paranoid. I didnt feel like this when I was on darvocet (although it didnt work). I recommend watching for mental changes with Vicodin, Norco etc.

Related Reading: Fibromyalgia | Norco

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 28

i get withdrawls from this drug

Comment from: jmoss232003, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 13

I am currently taking Hydrocodone 7.5/750MG for a severe injury to my knee and ankle. It has worked great on subsiding the pain, so I can relax, but I do not recommend taking Ibuprofen while taking this medicine. It has caused hives in me. Talk to a physician before taking any other meds.

Related Reading: Ibuprofen | hives