Vicodin HP User Reviews

Vicodin HP - User Reviews

Vicodin HP User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vicodin HP sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 23

I HAD SURGERY AND WAS IN EXTREME PAIN I TOOK MY RECOMENDED DOSAGE AND FOUND THAT IT WAS MUCH EASIER AND LESS PAINFUL TO CARRY OUT WHAT MINESCULE TASKS I WAS ABLE TO INMY CONDITION. OVERALL I AM COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS DRUG.

Comment from: terry4, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 05

The one thing I don't like about this drug is the drug tolerence seems to build fairly fast. And the guilt I feel to need it.

Comment from: BILL1281, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 02

This medication works very well to relieve pain without excessive sedative effect. I became "mellowed out," but was still able to function and drive a vehicle. I used it to treat pain following a root canal.

Comment from: lenaover, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

I have had a total knee replacement as well as arthritis in knee and ankle, others have not been effective I work 16 hrs a day sometime and it is helping

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: lynne, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 01

this medication releives my back pain so very good for me

Comment from: aglass, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 25

Been taking this medication for 5 plus yrs off and on due to stenosis and a car accident. Already have had 2 back surgeries and am contimplating a fusion. along w/ the vicodin I also take curimin supplements which I have found relieves all my inflamation in my lower back to the point that I have been able to decrease the amount of vicodin that I take. My suggestion for anyone with alot of inflamation to go to a reputable health food store and take curimin it truly does work.

Comment from: billydeezy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 23

this medication does what is needed to stop pain.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 25

helps with pain of rhuemoid arthitis in hips and knees

Published: July 23

I noticed that someone else had sweats w/this drug. I do too. Also, I get heart palpitations for a time. They subsided after a while. Should I stop taking this drug because of the heart palps? I just had a complete heart checkup w/catherization. My heart is fine. Thanks

Related Reading: palpitations

Comment from: jl, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 08

i was started on 5/500 and after a year or so was switched to 10/325 which worked right away and gave no side affects, was nearly pain free with 2 to 3 a day, my doc has now switched me to fentanl patch and vic 5s, which does not work and has made me sick. i have a bulged disc and bone spur and base of my skull, also some scoliosis, also what started it all was , 2 bulged disc at L4-L5 , area with stenosis, which is causing severe lower back and leg pain and problems, also because of that i now have plantarfleciitis in both feet and tarsel tunnel in my left ankle , and last year ruptured my right calf muscle due to the severe tightness in my legs due to my back problem. the vic 10s have helped greatly for me to keep working, if my doc doesnt stop screwin with my med i will need to go on disability

Related Reading: scoliosis

Comment from: spanky0101, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 13

use as needed did not use unless there was pain it helped alot

Comment from: dave, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 09

I have 2 thoracic herniated discs. Since they are herniated towards the front, surgery is not an option. They went untreated without healing themselves for 3-5 years so it has damaged my spinal cord. When I complained to my Dr. about the pain, he treated me as if I was "drug-seeking". Years later an MRI revealed the damage. About 8 months ago I was given Vicodin 500 which was useless for a 225 lb man. My Dr. switched me to Vicodin HP and it has helped a lot. One thing I will say is it went through steps. For the first 3 months it took the pain away and I felt a "buzz" which I didn't like. The 3rd - 6th months it took the pain away without any side effects. Now It doesn't seem to help nearly as much but I fear increasing to anything else because I don't want to build to much of a tolerance at 35 yrs of age. I have faith that my discs will heal themselves, but if they don't I fear living life without medication to mask the pain. When I have a good day now and I don't take the Vicodin, I feel my pain intensify greatly. This is a good drug but you can build an immunity to it quickly which can lead to stronger things without willpower. I reccomend not taking anything unless you absolutely need it. I had severe pain before, nut not everyday. Now that I've been treated, rarely does a day go by that I don't experience severe pain.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain