Vicodin User Reviews

Vicodin - User Reviews

Vicodin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vicodin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: JDB, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 23

Ocassiomal use alongside daily use of Neurontin for Neurophathy.

Related Reading: Neurontin

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 05

Vicodin is a great product for nerve pain. I have taken Vicodin ES for my back/leg pain for several years. I have not found it to be addictive when used as directed (2-4 times per day). I have taken it several times in the past and did not experience any problem discontinuing the drug when I no longer needed it. Vicodin does not eliminate the pain, but does make it tolerable enough that I can get out of bed and take care of daily necessities. I tried a stronger medication a few months ago to better control the pain, but did not like the diminished cognitive ability I experienced. I went back to Vicodin because it lasts longer than the stronger medication and I can still think clearly. I can still drive a car safely on Vicodin, whereas a stronger medication slowed my reaction time. I do experience some short term memory loss from the Vicodin, but it is not severe enough to discontinue the medication. The worst side effect is constipation, but that is handled by increased fluids, a healthy, high fiber diet and daily use of a stool softener.

Related Reading: Vicodin ES | constipation

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 27

Do not take this medication. I have developed a severe habit from it and cannot function without it. Please, listen to someone who knows the hell it can do to you. It changes you. I was a mild mannered person and have become a monster. Do not take it. It's not worth loosing everything for.

Comment from: Grandmother M, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 10

With vicodin I am able to continue to live pain free in my old age. Otherwise I am almost bedridden with arthritis pain. Life is so much better after my wonderful Dr.suggested taking Vicodin. I am able to do all of my own housework, cook and take long walks. I live a very happy life thanks to this medication.

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: GENE, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 17

i have a slipped lower discc and an upper bulged disc due to a car acciedent,i helped me at first but then i had to increase my dose due to my body gettin use to it.i also suffer from anxiety disorder.this medicine gives u a sense of well being which is why its so addictive. especially to people who suffer from depression. I would not recomend takin this if u have depression or anxiety cause its very likely u will become addicted.i have never used drugs and yet i became addicted. it does not take away the pain it just makes u not care for the pain,it is not a cure. I know there are many people here who really dont have a choice due to there extreme pain and may god bless u and make u better. BUT TO THE REST OF YOU- it is not worth takin this for temporary pain , its so addictive and will make even the strongest of u addicted. its not because your weak its because its a drug and thats what drugs do. i wish to god i have never ever taken this medicine. MY LIFE HAS BEEN A LIVING HELL TRYIN TO GET OFF THESE. IF I COULD JUST HELP ONE OF U OUT THERE THEN I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY AT THAT. GOD BLESS U ALL

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: OnTrackNow, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 16

Took this originally for a herniated disk. Worked immediately when nothing else would. But it also had an interesting side effect... what the literature calls a "false sense of well being". In fact I had always suffered from a generalized, sometimes disabling anxiety that was non-specific and largely irrational. It appears it's a form of Delayed Stress Syndrome from many years of severe child abuse. Consequently when I take Vicodin the "false sense of well being" is not false at all. It's actually more real than reality without it. Vicodin is enabling, refreshing and a cure for more than just physical pain. Fortunately I have found Physicians who understand this and they prescribe a low dose (500/5) once a day (more on rare occasions) and feel it is safe and non-addicting. Frankly I wouldn't care if it was addicting since a cure is a cure. If you have to take insulin for the rest of your life for diabetes is that an addiction? Incidentally before Vicodin I tried all the so-called anti-depressants (Zoloft, Buspar, Prozac, Wellbutrin) and not one had any positive effect at all.

Related Reading: Stress | child abuse | diabetes