Vicodin User Reviews

Vicodin - User Reviews

Vicodin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vicodin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: brownre, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 27

how long does vicodin stay in you system?

Comment from: candy, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 01

I am an R.N.and have had an accident yrs. ago and many back and neck surgeries including fusions in my back and neck. I have permanent nerve damage in both legs. I have been to pain management by Johns Hopkins and I want to tell you, had it not been for Hydrocodone at the time, morphine, and oxycodone, I'd be a basket case. I was extremely concerned about permanent addiction but the top notch doctors told me not to worry about addiction as my condition will always warrant it. Therefore, I'm still on pain management with narcotic drugs 29 yrs. later and had it not been for them God knows what would have happened. Thanks for listening!

Related Reading: pain management

Comment from: Betsy Bootstrap, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 05

After a car accident in 1989, I took various types of hydrocodone for approximately 4 years until I had surgery. At the height of severe pain, I was taking 300 a month of the 7.5 dosage. After surgery I weaned myself off over a 3 week period, finally going through sweats, diarrhea, and nausea. Very effective for back pain and worth the side effects. About a year ago I began experiencing back and leg pain again & currently under the care of a pain management center taking between 2 & 4 Vicodin (10/325) a day, along with Skelaxin for muscle relaxant and Mobic for anti inflammatory. After multiple nerve root blocks, trigger point injections, heat therapy, chiropractic and massage therapy I am still in fairly severe pain daily. I have tried Gabopentin, Lyrica, different muscle relaxors and pain meds. I convinced my Dr. it was smarter to go with the 10/325 Vicodin even if I had to break in half because of the lower dosage of acetiminophen. The 7.5 version has 750 mg of acetaminophen, while the 10mg has only 325mg so, much better for the liver. My biggest complaint is that dr's are so worried about getting hooked they skimp on pain meds, leaving so many patients in constant pain, vastly decreasing quality of life. They (Dr.s) also blithely prescribe things like Lyrica and Gabopentin with little regard for the side effects or cost. I finally had a long conversation with my doc and emphatically stated i would rather take my chances on Vicodin which has been around a long time, is relatively cheap and WORKS - at least it works for me. I refused to continue to be a guinea pig for every new drug hawked by the well dressed pharmaceutical reps who troll in and out of dr offices, taking up time slots while sick people suffer in the waiting room.

Related Reading: diarrhea | Skelaxin | Mobic

Comment from: TNBowens, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 16

I have endometriosis, along w/mastoiditis (infection of the bone & air pockets behind the ear) Vicodin ES (2 tabs 3 times daily) along with 800mg ibuprofen 3 times daily really keeps me functional. I've had a hysterectomty & still have SEVERE, crippling pelvic pain on a daily basis. I've taken Vicodin & Vicodin ES since I was about 19 (now 28) and have had no problems outside of occasional constipation. It's the only thing short of IV meds that can control the pain that I'm suffering. I've never taken more than prescribed, and I have had long periods of time that I was not taking it, with now withdrawal symptoms to speak of. I just recently had to double the dosage I would normally take because of the mastoiditis, but once that has been taken care of (I have surgery on it in a few wks) I'll be moved back to taking 1 tab 3 times daily. I see a pain mgmt specialist to get my scripts due to the unwillingness of most GP's to prescribe narcotics for longer than a few mos continuously. I would not be able to get outta bed w/out it. At times the pain does get uncontrollable, but I've also obtained a pain mgmt letter to present to the ER & they will give me 10mg of morphine, & 50mg of torodal to bring it back to a level that the Vicodin will handle if necessary. At times it does make me sleepy, but most of the time I feel like I haven't taken anything at all. I used to not drive all day if I'd taken it, but now I don't drive within 3-4 hrs of taking it & I'm fine. This is a miracle for me, and I hope that this review helps someone else! It can be addictive, but taken properly you will just develop a tolerance to it and may have to increase the dosage from time to time such as I did. It also works better at the 1st sign of pain rather than waiting til it's severe. I typically take 2 before I get out of bed in the am, and then again about 30 mins before lunch (I eat late) and the last dose before going to bed. It's saved me from having to have a morphine pump!

Related Reading: endometriosis | ibuprofen

Comment from: MIKEG, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 19

IT HELPS WITH MY DEPRSSION

Comment from: Brady, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 18

My Dr. just gave me this for Fibromyalgia when Ultram and Cymbalta didn't work, and I'm terrified of the side effects listed for Lyrica! Anyway, this has been a Godsend. I am almost completely free of pain with this. I can work out, cook dinner, spend time with my family, and I feel like a real human again! it's been a real blessing to me.

Related Reading: Fibromyalgia | Ultram | Cymbalta