Vicodin User Reviews

Vicodin - User Reviews

Vicodin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vicodin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sam, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 18

i have severe arthritis, vicodine 7.5/750 is wonderful pain relief, although it does constipate me of which i am prepared for. drink a lot of water and fruit. it does give me a false sense of well being to which i am aware of .

Comment from: norco58, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 04

withdraw from this drug is muscle cramps,stomach,and sleeplessness, confusion,and racing heart for 3-5 days after the first 36 hours of quiting this narcodic, This is first hand experiance after being caught up in taking 20 vicodin aday for 2 years, withdraw is terrible,try to go the full 6-8 hours and stick to 1 pill everytime you take it.

Related Reading: muscle cramps

Comment from: kholmes15@yahoo.com, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 11

i totaled a car in 2005. i was put this by my doctor but with my addictiveness and addiction in the family i have become addictive to this and it is hard as hell to get off of it. i stopped for a month but couldnt take the withdrawals so i started again. however the dose that i used to take which was almost 10 to 20 a day dropped to nothing for a month and about 2-4 a day. i still go back and forth with this. i do not take to take this anymore but it is very hard to stop. does anyone have any suggestions? I went to the DR and he said to just stop using it. But the mental tolereance over the physical is worse.

Comment from: minnie2007, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 01

I've been on this med for 7 yrs due to severe scoliosis & neck pain. I could not make it through a single day without it. The drug works very fast, but doesn't stay with you very long, maybe 3 hrs. @ best. It is very easy to build a tolerance and need more & more. Causes extreme constipation so a laxative is very helpful. I feel "human" while taking the medicine...without I don't want to get out of bed.

Related Reading: scoliosis | neck pain

Comment from: salemsmom, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 08

My doctor prescribed this for me to treat pain from severe arthritis and fibromyalgia. It takes the edge off the pain so I can work and function. It does not take the pain away totally. Like others have said, doctors are too afraid to prescribe pain medications because they have been so badly abused by others. It means that people that have genuine pain have to suffer for the abuse/greed of others. If you have pain you have to jump through hoops to prove that you will not abuse them or sell them. It makes winter here in the Northeast difficult to get through.

Comment from: santa13069, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 15

This is a miracle drug I have beeb taking this medication for 7 years now and if it wasn't around I wouldn't be either because it helps with my fybromialga and my lower back I have a buldging disk in my back and it works great with the pain. Make sure you drink plenty of water with this medication and I notice when I eat before I take it, it doesn't work.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain