Vicoprofen User Reviews

Vicoprofen - User Reviews

Vicoprofen User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vicoprofen sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: CeeCee, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 14

Multiple tooth extractions, 18 in all over three trips.Most people don't know the strength of vicoprofen, I found that it is 7.5mg hydrocodone and 200 mg of Ibprofen. This medication greatly reduced pain in a short amount of time when taken on an empty stomach. Did not do much for inflammation so I took an additional 200mg Ibprofen. Only needed to take two doses daily. Remember effectiveness also has to do with your weight, tolerance to narcotics and nsaids in addition to how much food and type of food you eat.

Related Reading: vicoprofen | nsaids

Comment from: EMTERT27PA, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 03

I asked my md to switch me to it from lorcet or norco. I have had to over time, take a GREAT deal of narcotic meds with tylenol in it. We first went from lortab/lorcet to norco to help it out. Then I found Vicoprofen. It makes just much more good sense to me to save the liver the damage for sure if you have to take it in large amounts on a regular basis over an exntended period of time. Plus, the ibuprofen in it has very very good anti-inflam. properties in it too.......so it makes much more sense for a pain killer in my opinion! Wish I had found it sooner. Once I get through with school, I will be prescribing it to my patients across the board over the other narcotics out there of the same strenght (7.5mg hydro).

Related Reading: lorcet | norco | tylenol

Comment from: Alli, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 23

My use of this particular medication provided relief from chronic pelvic pain associated with endometriosis and adenomyosis. The medication is very effective in treating my aches and throbbing type pain but did not have much effect on the sharp shooting pains I experienced periodically when sitting or bending. The side effects experienced were quite limited. It causes constipation which ultimately needs to be treated with some OTC type product to relieve it. The other was a feeling of light-headedness coupled with trouble holding attention on a given task or mental exercise. This product has, over time, created two issues for me. One is that of dependency and the other is of tolerance. I had a brief period of time when I had no medication. Within two days, I experienced severe muscle tightening, sinus drainage and an inability to sleep. The anxiety associated with the onset of these symptoms increased a feeling of what I'll call a "tuning fork" effect or "buzz" throughout my body. Not a good feeling whatsoever. The tolerance issue is that it now takes more medication to achieve the same level of pain relief. This is of great concern as the medication contains ibuprofen. Too much of this and other body functions become affected. Overall, the benefit outweighs the risks and side-effects for my situation.

Related Reading: endometriosis | constipation | sleep

Published: December 05

I had fallen and suffered from a Lumbar Sprain and underwent physical therapy, and my doctor had put me on Hydrocodone accompanied with Tylenol, the dosage was 10mg/325mg, they made me deathly ill, so my doctor prescribed the Vicoprofen(vicodon and ibuprofen) 7.5/200mg and what a relief, the pills do not make me sick and it actually helps the pain and swelling. I would recommend this particular medicine to anyone who has a reaction to Hydrocodone and Acetametaphine.

Related Reading: ibuprofen

Comment from: Mike, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

My pain is from two herniated discs in the lumbar region of the back along with sciatica on both sides, degenerative disc disease and spinal arthritis. This medication provides relief in 45 minutes and I am able to work with no ill affects.

Related Reading: sciatica | arthritis

Comment from: justme, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 19

I have had chronic back pain for years. This is the first drug to give me relief. I have tried many.

Comment from: j, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 15

I was origianly perscribed vicodin for ra pain. I had some relief for about 1-2 hours. I did the research and found vicoprofen and asked for that instead. I find the pain relief to last about 3-5 hours. The only bad part is I have to pay out of pocket for all RXs and this med costs 3 times as much as vicodin. This great countrys medical system sucks.

Related Reading: vicodin