Vicoprofen User Reviews

Vicoprofen - User Reviews

Vicoprofen User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vicoprofen sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 11

After my second back surgery I was told I might not walk again and would not work. This med. relieves my pain enough that I walk and still work every day. I have tried it without it and unable to work or walk much due to the pain. For me it is a blessing.

Comment from: Bailey, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 04

I have severe arthritis in my hip, lower back and hands. I took this drug for a rib injury and it worked great. As for the arthritis, Celebrex and Vioxx did not do the trick that Vicoprofen has done. I take 1 or 1 and a half, starting in the morning. I take this pill after I cut it in half and it lasts for several hour. Three halves a day and I can continue with my normal routine. I now walk as much as possible during the day. This drug works wonders for me. I have blood work done every 6 months to insure no internal problems. If you can handle this drug, it works great for arthritis. I also can bowl 2 times a week now.

Related Reading: Celebrex | Vioxx

Comment from: helpful40, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

I was in a car accident back in April. I have severe whiplash, back spasms, and knee arthritis. Vicoprofen has helped me greatly. It works much better than regular Vicodin in my opinion. And you dont get that sick nauseated feeling from it at all. 2 thumbs up!

Related Reading: whiplash

Comment from: BusyBee, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 09

Vicoprofen is a lifesaver for some. My guess is that most of the people who say it isn't as strong are used to hydro/APAP products. Because APAP potentiates the effects of hydrocodone, it will seem a little stronger in equipotent doses. That being said, some people (like myself) have never been helped by APAP, it simply does nothing for my pain. Ibuprofen, on the other hand, is very helpful. The effects of vicoprofen also last a bit longer than other formulations, therefore you can go longer between doses. Good luck to everyone.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 06

I needed a root canal done and other OTC medications were not helping. My dentist provided this to me and I felt much better quickly. I did have some minor upset stomach but I took it with food and didn't have a problem after.

Comment from: Dixieland1014, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 25

I have an infected wisdom tooth and my dentist prescribed this for pain.. It worked wonders for the pain but made me really loopy.. obviously I couldn't take it and go to work

Comment from: kimberly_lach37@, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 29

I have taken this medication, it was new to me, after taken regular Vicodin ES 750 mg. And it seems to me that it is not stronger.. (VICOPROFEN).. The doctor told me it was better cause it had Ibrophen, in it.. but is seems weak to me.. do they make another one stronger perhaps. please let me know. thanks KIMBERLY

Related Reading: Vicodin ES

Comment from: RichAZ, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 13

The combination of the anti-inflammatory and codiene like medication, allowed me to use less of each and get better relief. I didn't notice drowsiness. And no stomach upset when taken with food.

Comment from: trishacat, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 30

I take this medication daily to help me through my daily activities. It helps eleviate my back pain and other various pains stemming from my back injury. I have had to increase the dosage to two pills every four hours. The only drawback is the weary feeling I get in the middle of the day and constipation (fiber cereal helps).

Comment from: tdc923, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 03

My doctor prescribed this for me because of severe cramps every single month when I have my period. This medicine works wonders each and every month. A word of advice to some ppl who say it makes them loopy, buy one of those pill splitters, take half and you will see it still helps with pain but doesn't make you as loopy. I take half if I happen to be working and experience cramps, or a whole if I am home resting. It doesn't make me so loopy I can't function but eases the pain and I feel relaxed. I have never taken just vicodin but I have taken hydrocodone in the Lorcet form and it makes my nose itch off my face, this does not do that as well. I am very satisfied with this medication for the reason I take it.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain