Victoza User Reviews

Victoza - User Reviews

Victoza User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Victoza sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sad guy, (Patient) Published: September 30

Been using Victoza for several months now. Very good results. Unfortunatley I have been recently diagnosed with medullary thyroid cancer. My doctor said there may be a link to Victoza usage. Not good.

Related Reading: Victoza | thyroid cancer

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 16

I have been on Victoza for 4 weeks now and my numbers haven't been above 116. Sore at the injection site(leg), but overal tollerable. Weight loss total so far is 8 lbs. I don't feel as tired and I have to force myself to eat. I haven't finished a complete meal, always leaving food on my plate. I wish I started this medicine a long time ago!!

Comment from: mombo, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 17

A1c dropped from 7.2 to 5.8 in three months. Started in May and have lost 37 pounds and still losing. Watching diet and walk 30 minitues 5 to 6 times a week. Think this combination is best for me. FEEL GREAT! Mild headache is nothing compared to how I feel overall. Love this drug!

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: blossom, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 24

Istarted on Victoza Nov. 2010. Since on it, my A1C has gone from a previous 7.7 to my current 5.9. I have lost 60lbs and feel well. I do watch my diet and am more able to exercise since I am not so big. Initially I had nausea and headache on the medicine. However my endocrinologist advised me to go back on my dose and increase my dose more gradually and my nausea subsided. I do have an occasional headache. I think it is an incredible medication if immense help to me!

Comment from: DFWMary, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 15

After 3 months - 34 lb weight loss, blood sugars have dropped about 30 points, A1C went from 6.1 to 5.9. Only side effect so far is manageable constipation. Hope this all keeps up (except the constipation). So far am very happy with Victoza - dose 1.2

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: Lawrence, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 20

I began using Victoza 4 months ago..I have experienced so side effects and my HA1C has gone down significantly (from 7.0 to 6.1). What I like best is the fact that you only use one shot a day so it is much easier to use.

Comment from: grannaof7, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 21

Have been on Victoza since 9/25/10. At the 1.8 dosage for about 3 mos. Doing great. A1C was 6.2. Dr very pleased. Have lost 34 lbs since starting. Still helps w/appetite control, but not like at first. Even so, am definitely making better decisions on my own.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 16

I've been on BP meds, chol. meds for years, always been heavy. Had bariatric surgery 11 years ago and gained all 110 lbs back +. All joints ached. Miserable. Diagnosed w/ type II diabetes 2 years ago but did nothing about it until 3 months ago (other than Metformin). Started Victoza and it is like a lifeline for me! Minor nausea for first week but that's all. All readings have come way down, no more pain, no more swelling in legs/feet. But best news is 45 lb. weight loss. Increased from lowest to highest setting in 1 week. Not hungry, no more "grazing" which is my downfall normally, happy and hopeful for first time in LONG time. Only trouble is I can't afford the drug as my insurance won't cover it. Dr. has stopped giving me samples. I'm out of Victoza and now devastated. Talk about "dangling the carrot!" Make slightly too much for medical aid. Give me something that finally works then take it away due to outrageous costs. Victoza drug rep tried to help but my insurance wouldn't budge on it. Help!

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: mhm1995, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 22

I've been taking two diffeent types of insulin (fast acting and a 24 hr. type that levels me out for a 24 hour period) for at least 8-10 years. I recently found that not only had I gained weight but my insulin use increased substantially (daily fast acting up to 70 units; evening insulin up at 62 units). I began using Victoza about 1 month ago and the results have been startling. There was a 2 1/2 day period that other than the Victoza shot, I took NO insulin whatsoever! While using Victoza I soon learned that any corrective fast acting insulin must be reduced dramatically or there are severe "going low" consequences. No problem now with adjustments I've made (I take no more than 7 units of fast acting insulin for a full day and I reduced my evening type dose to 42 units.) Now when I awake in the morning, my blood sugars are between 80-133 and are relatively normal throughout the day. A huge change for me. I have also lost 15 lbs. and have a suppressed appetite (something that goes along with the Victoza use). The side effect for me is nausea. This side effect began on day 1 and continued for almost 20 hours/day for a month. Now my nausea has been significantly reduced but my appetite remains suppressed. This is a miracle drug! My doctor says this drug contains a certain hormone (nomally produced by the body) that directs the pancreas to produce more insulin (the stated purpose of Victoza). Apparently, I have not been making this hormone for some time. Now, 1 Victoza shot of 1.2 units/day is all it takes and I'm close to normal. I hope this all continues.