Victoza User Reviews

Victoza - User Reviews

Victoza User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Victoza sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: soymiga, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 28

I take 1.2 micrograms of Victoza along with 500mg metformin bid. This drug is pretty much amazing. I've been on it for about two weeks and my BG levels are way down. Was averaging about 250 fasting and am now down to low 100s fasting. I've also lost about 6lbs already. The needle is so small that you barely feel it. I prefer this drug to Byetta. I am so grateful for this medication.

Related Reading: Byetta

Comment from: webmd, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 19

Within 2 days my numbers were down to 140 or below at all times. With insulin my morning numbers were higher than doctor wanted. I have lost 4 lbs, have slight constipation and some acid. I also have less appetite. However, ALL syptoms are more tolerable than the daytime lows I was experiencing with insulin! To me after a 3 weeks and at the .6 dosage it is a miracle drug! I hope the good news continues!!!!

Comment from: EB1401, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 20

Tried Byetta - dropped by BS too much. Started Victoza, within first 2 weeks stopped 2 other medications for diabetes. Have had very few side effects. Additionally have lost 30 lbs in 6 months because I feel full longer and I am not always craving food because of variance in BS. I am glad this is working for me.

Comment from: mockingbird, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 19

Was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2004, and while Metformin worked at first, it gradually became less effective. Dr. added Glucotrol, and upped the Metformin dose, and I did my best with diet and exercise, but my numbers just went up and up. Finally went to see an endocrinologist who put me on Victoza. Have had no noticeable side effects, and my fasting blood glucose went from 276 to 92 in a month. A1c is down 1.5 points in that same time period. My BG numbers are now always well within the normal range and I'm losing weight. Don't love the injections, but it's not hard or painful, and the result is totally worth it!

Related Reading: Glucotrol

Comment from: moo0923, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 16

i've been on victoza for about 3 months and the first week was tough but after that no problems. I have lost 18 pounds so far and no more hot flashes so for me it's helping with two problems diabetes and menapause

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: Lorie8008, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 26

I am a 53 year old female and I have been on this drug for a little over a month now and it seems to do wonders in lowering the blood sugars as well as keeping me from wanting food. I find that the acid reflux is very annoying but I really need the weight loss. I am lossing weight although I have not checked the scales. My clothes are not as snug and people are noticing so I know it is working in that area. I am still concerned about the stomach issues and may need to adjust the dose.

Comment from: TikiBob, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 14

I have been on this about a week. Already lost 5.5 pounds, morning sugars dropped about 50 points (were about 220 each morning).. Still at .6 dose getting ready to increase to 1.2. So far the only problem was nausea, second and third day were worse - much better now. Headache on the third day, but went away. This looks promising!

Comment from: tumshie40, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 01

love this drug!!! try januvia and byetta then insulin, my fasting sugars were at the lowest 266 and highest in the 400s, started this drug 4 weeks ago and they are now 120's and even dinnertime readins of 110!! Im thrilled. Had headaches and nausea for first couple of weeks but persevered and they have gone and I ahve lost 15lbs!!

Related Reading: januvia

Comment from: Iniki, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

On medication 11 wks. Started at .06 dose and to increase to 1.2 dosage 2nd wk. By mid 3rd wk, I was having acid reflux and nausea so returned to lower dosage. Lost 4 lbs. Saw MD end of 4 wks; instructed to stay on low dosage for 2wks and increase it to l.2 again. Acid reflex returned minus nausea. Appears I cant tolerate higher dosage. I was taken off Januvia and placed on Victoza due to spikes in sugar level 4 hrs after meals eventhough 2hrs cks were within range. May have to stay at low dosage or return to Januvia. Appt at end of month.