Victoza User Reviews

Victoza - User Reviews

Victoza User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Victoza sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 04

I have been on Victoza for five weeks, lost 15 pounds, and have morning blood sugars that have dropped in half, from 190 down to 95. Only using 0.6 per day, and the appetite suppresant alone would be worth it. I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones who have no side affects, outside of a slight nausea the first day. So far, so good.

Comment from: Barb, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 28

I have lost 11 pounds in just 9 days on this drug. That's a plus but the benefit of having no appetite makes me have to force myself to eat. The nausea, at least for me, is minimal if at all. I started out at 0.6 for 1 week and have been on the 1.2 for 3 days now. I think it is a great drug that minimizes stomach upset. Was on Metformin and had constant stomach/bowel issues. The warning about the pancreatitis for those with high tryglicerides kind of spooked me but I talked with my doctor and he said it was a minimal risk. I read the clinical trials as well. I would recommend this to anyone who is pre-diabetic or type 2.

Related Reading: pancreatitis

Comment from: KeenaBob, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 01

I have been on Victoza for 2 weeks and I love it. My BS is actually normal now. I am still on oral meds and insulin. I have had some ill effects, like constipation, gas, bloating, nausea and headache but they seem to have disappeared now. I am now on the 1.8mg dose. I have lost a few pounds. My appetite has decreased which helps with weight and sugar control. I am keeping an eye out for serious complication(which can happen with ANY drug). I am very satisfied with Victoza

Comment from: CAT, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 30

This has been a good experience for me. I've used Victoza 2 months and lost over 15lbs, immediately. I started at .6 then moved up to 1.2 on the Victoza Pen. Walmart Pharmacy has a very good prescription program to help with the cost of the needles and Pen. My readings are between 85 and 90 before and after eating. Was nauseated but never threw up.

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: September 22

I been taking Victoza since the end of July 2010. This is a miracle drug for me. Typically my blood sugars have average 85 to 100 since taking it, and I've lost about 10 lbs so far. The appetite has definitely change; I have to remember to eat and no longer crave sweets/carbs. In the early weeks, the vomiting was hard to deal with, but that has eased some what. I take it (1.2mg Victoza) along side 1000mg of Glucaphage daily, but have to ensure at least 4 hours between the Victoza and a Glucaphage dose or the vomiting returns. All in all, I'm very happy with this medication. Yeah for 'V'...

Comment from: Kaytbug34, 65-74 (Patient) Published: August 10

Found Victoza easy to use and effective. Have had none of the documented side effects. Blood chemistries improved significantly over a two month period. Only issue is prohibitive cost. Initially tried Byetta which caused nausea which increased over time.

Comment from: CM, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 07

After 6 mos. weight loss of 33 pounds is great. Morning glucose has not dropped at all, even after adding Actos. Probably not the right med for me.

Related Reading: Actos