Vidaza User Reviews

Vidaza - User Reviews

Vidaza User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vidaza sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: .evkites, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 05

8/5/08 Have finished 4th cycle of injections in the abdomen, reddnedd,brusing, some tenderness, but all tolerable. I will be completeing 6 treatment cycles. All blood counts are coming up, especially bone marrow which was at 5% (yes this is correct) and now I'm up to 115 which is way up from nothing. Did have terrible neausea at the start of treatment, but Dr. changed the neausea meds, and no problems with this issue now..... great. kyerle I believe is the name of the drug for neausea. Dr. say I'm getting near remission..I say ...come on.. lets get at it. This treatment has been a blessing, considering my other options.. which was supportive,till the leukemia knocked at my door. I'm not asking for a cure..but a little more time for the family. ....... I would use this drug again in a heart beat.......... At this time I have MDS....RAEBII ( REFRACTORY ANEMIA WITH EXCESS BLASTS.

Related Reading: leukemia | ANEMIA

Comment from: Rita, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 17

the patient has had extreme fatigue, weakness and constipation.

Related Reading: fatigue | constipation

Comment from: Lee DeMatteo, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 22

I just had 7 injections of Vidaza and I had no side-effect at all.. in fact a burst of energy for hours. And fine after!

Related Reading: Vidaza

Comment from: Butterfly, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 01

I get Vidaza by an I.V. I have gotten a reaction from the sun. Is that usual? I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I get an IV for 3 days every month, and my blood gets worse, then by the next iv, is better.

Comment from: andre, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 05

i have severe constipation and severe mussel and joint pain but only after 7 sessions the side effect in not worth for fitting transfusion

Comment from: John, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 02

I'am on my 14th cycle,5 days consecutive hip injections (200 mg.) daily,then 4 weeks no injections.Side effects can be tolerated.I was diagnosed with MDS in 1998,low red blood cell counts is my main problem at present.I have had approximately 50 units of red packed cells.I have been transfusion independent for 12 mths.on Vidazza.

Comment from: JohnR, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 04

After 6 injections itching in various areas occurs most offenfsive is of the eye lids. Puss pockets appear in various areas of my body.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: gordon, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 31

no effect

Comment from: jactro, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 11

I am on my 4th cycle, haven't had a blood or platelet tranfusion in 2 months, used to have every week, sometimes twice.white blood cells decreased somewhat, but my doctor is very pleased with the overall results. my worst side effect is soreness at injection site, redness and blistering, and constipation.

Comment from: mompop@cox.net, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 16

Having cramps, frequently, and gaining weight. Is this from the Vidaza?

Comment from: bobseeu@yahoo.com 7iow0i, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 12

1ST&2ND TREATMENT BLOOD EVERY 2 WEEKS 3RD &4TH TREATMENT BLOOD EVERY 3 TO4 WEEKS 5TH AND 6TH TREATMENT BLOOD EVERY 4 TO 6 WEEKS 8TH TREATMENT BLOOD 13 WEEKS TREATMENT 1 THRU6 7 DAYS TREATMENT 8 TO PRESENT 5 DAYS PER MONTH FEELING PRETTY GOOD WITH TREATMENT

Cancer