Vigamox User Reviews

Vigamox - User Reviews

Vigamox User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vigamox sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Nicolas, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 04

Works. However, works by interfering with DNA action. Side effects can show up two weeks to two years plus after use seemingly even with these eye drops. Classified as an antibiotic to use only when others have failed. NEVER give to kids because their cartilage is still growing. Avoid use in athletes. Do not give to old people 70+60+yr. Expensive because many uses have been banned and numerous similar versions have been pulled from the market. Extreme caution is advised.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 14

severe sore throat lst day of use. Dr said to keep taking it. I ended up with Ulcers on my vocal chords due to severe chemical burns I am forty nine years old. This is horrible.

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: 35-44 Published: December 19

My 3 yr. old contracted pink eye, her dr. prescribed her this med. After 3 full days she had an allergic reaction. She has hives/rash all over her tummy, legs and feet. Didn't sleep well from scratching. She's also allergic to penicillan...

Related Reading: hives | sleep

Comment from: Dad, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 04

Never again. Suspected something was wrong when price of this fluoroquinolone (Vigamox brand) sunk in. The long term (5 year+) risk to benefit is massive. Never had leg, knee, or brain fog issues until taking this drug. Then read that it should be reserved for use of last resort ie when other antibiotics have failed for the bacterial infection. Do not use in children nor in completive athletes - negative side effects in the next two years can not be cured (eg tendon, muscle, nerve damage, brain function). I wish I had known this - simple antibiotics easily worked in my neighbor's kids.

Related Reading: Vigamox

Comment from: G Fisher, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 26

Works well to fight the bacteria, also fights your wallet. The 3ml bottle sells for over $86...multiply that by 3 people in the house with pink eye and you have $265 in very expensive eye drops.

Comment from: GlaucomaEYES, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 16

I was prescribed this to use after glaucoma surgery. I DID NOT have an infection- so, I'm not really sure why it was given to me to take in the 1st place. I had given the Dr. all my allergies but she obviously didn't read them & I didn't find out till after I took this that it is a flouroquinolone which is a VERY bad class of antibiotics Which is in process NOW of becomming a drug ONLY prescribed as a last resort because of the high possibility of debilitating musclular/tendon damage that doesn't show up for weeks or even a year after use. (google it) It works by distrupting DNA processes! It's not like any of the other antibiotics. I had taken this in the past (I didn't reconize the new generic name of it, & trusted that my Dr had read my file)Well, sure enough after using it I got hives & the worst headache ever! It makes your head feel like your brain is trying to squeeze out of it! Read your prescriptions & look them up- it's your body! Don't let the greedy pharmacuetecal companies strong arm you into the low cost nightmare drugs- usually they are low cost for a reason! Azithromycin or biaxin drops work even better stay in the eye longer & are around the same price with none of the bad side effects of the flouroquinolones!!!-I would only use those if you could DIE if you don't & nothing else has worked- they are THAT bad- read up on it.

Related Reading: glaucoma | biaxin

Comment from: gma, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 09

took the medication for prescribed 5 days. still experiencing pain and sensitivity to light. will give it a few more days to heal before contacting doctor. my main complaint is the cost of this drug -- $100!! did not know that when I received the prescription but it was too late to go back and ask for something else. I just wanted relief. I will not take this drug again.

Comment from: Mom to 2 , 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 03

Vigamox cleared the redness/swelling and discharge in my 7 year old son's eyes quickly. HOWEVER- within 24 hours of his first dose he developed 2 very bad nose bleeds. Blood literally poured out of his nose at some points and took about 2 hours of stuffing repeated cotton balls into his nostril(s)to get the bleeding to finally stop each time. A total of 4 of these nosebleeds and only 3 days into treatment later, I believe the drops are to blame and have discontinued use. I'm in contact with the Dr. to prescribe just basic Ciloxin GENERIC ointment. Why not start with tried and true methods and then proceed to the stronger (and very expensive) treatments if the infection persists? That's what is done with oral antibiotics to lessen the chance of the body's resistance to various bacteria. The same precaution should be taken with antibiotic eye drops as well! I'm disappointed with my Dr.'s recommendation and can't help but wonder if she was swayed into prescribing Vigamox because the drug rep had just recently dropped off free samples to their office. Hmmm. Funny that they just happened to "run out" of these prior to my son's visit, yet refused to write a script for the ointment saying Vigamox was the only way to cure his pink eye! We can expect health insurance rates to keep sky rocketing if Dr.'s insist on prescribing such expensive medicines immediately without trying the older and less expensive remedies first. Vigamox retails at $120.00 at Walgreens for a small 3ml bottle!

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.