Vigamox User Reviews

Vigamox - User Reviews

Vigamox User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vigamox sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 28

First of all trying to get drops in a kicking and screaming 4 four year old is already difficult, then getting an allergic reaction to the drops wasn't any easier. Both the top and bottom lids were swollen within 30 mins of admin..

Comment from: Sick of Pink, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 04

I'm a 30 year old male and caught pink eye at a family party. It took around three days for my symptons to clear up but I also developed a bad rash on my ankles that may be vasculitis. I've could only find one other case of this online so I wanted to document it. If I'm unfortunate enough to get pink eye again I will be using a different medication.

Related Reading: vasculitis

Comment from: allergic, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 12

My 3-year old son had pink-eye, and this medication seemed to clear up the redness pretty quickly. BUT he started breaking out in hives after the 4th dose. Another trip to the doctor, continued doses of Benadryl to counteract the allergic reaction, and treatment with a different (and much less expensive) eye drop cleared his hives and his eyes.

Related Reading: Benadryl

Comment from: pooky, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 09

I work for an opthalmologist and tried a sample for my doggy, a darling little eight year old shih-tzu who contracted conjunctivitis. She's just fine after a week of twice a week drops, and no terrible vet bills!!!

Comment from: makeit4less, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 23

My comment is why a tiny 3ML antibiotic needs to cost $107. My 2 year old has this eye infection for the second time and he was prescribed this Vigamox again. Unfortunatelly there was no generic and the insurance didn't cover. Really? can't they have another company making this prescription for less? This is not a drug for cancer, or anything like that... Very disapointed with the price for the size of the prescription.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: hjwells, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 06

I was presribed this drug for my three year old Daughter. First day started clearing up. After the third dose she screamed and threw a fit trying to get drops in. She developed hives,welts all over her body and coughing. Now by reading these reviews know that she is having the same reaction as others. But her eyes look better.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 04

This medication cleared up the puffiness, red eye and puss within just a few hours. However, being on day 4 of a 5 day dosage I have noticed some hives on the face and stomach. I will definitley be lettibng the Dr know.

Comment from: pinkhorse, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 20

My 3 year old had been using it for his bacterial pink eye for 3 days, 3x a day as recommended by his doc, and on the 3rd day, he broke out in hives, itchiness, swelling, welts. I gave him topical Benadryl to combat the itchiness so he could sleep. However, I am discontinuing the use of this super drug, since it appears the condition will go away on its own according to other reports. It did clear up his eyes tremendously on day 1, which previously was swollen shut, was red, and had yellow pus coming out. However, I would exercise caution before using it again.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 27

My three year old daughter and one year old son had pink eye and were prescribed Vigamox. I had no idea it would hurt, so my poor daughter was actually excited about it! I tried it myself, and although it wasn't super painful, it kind of feels like something is scratching your eye. Both of the kids' pink eye cleared up within days.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 17

My 5yr old has a mild case of pink eye. I took her in as it started to develop. while the drop cleared the bit of ead and little discharge she had in a day, she had extremely bad headache,her throat hurt, her face and dispostion changed as well. I took her off of it. Mentioned to a friend and she said this is too strong for children.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.