Vimovo User Reviews

Vimovo - User Reviews

Vimovo User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vimovo sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: seraphim56, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 24

I was prescribed this medicine for elbow pain and to reduce swelling due to minor gout. It did reduce swelling and the pain was minimized in my elbow and knee(side issue). It did not stop all of the pain but it did reduce the level. After taking this medicine for approximately six (6) weeks, I noticed severe swelling in my right ankle/foot and some in my left ankle/foot. I took the medicine for about two (2) more weeks and it just got worse. I also begin to notice that I was gaining weight. I completely stopped taking the medicine and the swelling started to go down immediately. After about a week my ankles/foot looked normal. I also begin to urinate more frequently and I lost a bloated look that I was beginning to get. After I stopped taking the medicine for the first several days my whole body ached with pain. I have been off the medicine about a week and the pain has subsided. When I go to my Dr. next week we'll see what's next. But no more VIMOVO for me. The swelling and pain in ankles/feet was scary.

Related Reading: elbow pain | gout

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 21

I liked the fact that i can take the medicine without eating, but i still had to take Tylenol for the pain.

Related Reading: Tylenol

Comment from: MARYLIN, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 04

I WAS HAVING PAIN EVERYWHERE, LEGS, JOINTS, AND HEADACHES. EVERYTHING STOPPED HURTING! I HAD MORE ENERGY, I THINK THE PAIN WAS MAKING ME TIRED. THIS IS A MAGIC PILL. I DID HAVE BURNING IN MY STOMACHE AT FIRST,,,I WAS TAKING AN ALLERGY PILL AT THE SAME TIME, I STOPPED THAT AND THE BURNING STOPPED!

Related Reading: ALLERGY

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 05

I have been please with the medication, but concerned about ease in bleeding and persistant cough.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: Halohope1960@Aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 09

I been taking this medicine for 2 weeks and I had a hard time breathing and muscle aches

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 13

started taking due to extreme inflammation in my back causing sciatica from ankylosing spondylitis working great for the inflammation still have some aching but not any extreme pain like i did before

Related Reading: ankylosing spondylitis

Comment from: ouiji, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 06

It does not help the pain. I had more pain relief with either ibuprofen or aleve.

Related Reading: ibuprofen

Comment from: ANONIMA, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 21

This medication does not help me with pain at all.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 10

I took vimovo for only 2 days. It did reduce my back, knee, and hip pain. However, during the second day, noticed a redness and sweeling in my lower right leg. I went to my Doctor and he said it was vasculitus and to take only one pill a day rather than twice a day. I said I will stop taking vimovo and rely on aleve which had worked in the past.

Comment from: Bad Now Feels Worse, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 17

Prescribed by nurse-practitioner due to pain (severe burning sensation) in my upper abdominal muscle after a 5 set tennis match and physical contact with another player. For a few days it seemed to help me to rest or sleep and reduced the ab pain; but after about 4 days, I now am having severe muscle cramps in the middle of my back. What's up doc? I don't think Vimovo has helped me.

Related Reading: muscle cramps

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options