Vimpat User Reviews

Vimpat - User Reviews

Vimpat User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vimpat sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jen jen, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 06

side effects were not good yellowing of eyes a stoned feeling numbness of mouth, floaters in eyes, urine very yellow, emotional, hard to concentrate can not read or type like i used to, or find the correct words to say. higher blood pressure then usual. getting weaned off is a 3 week process. i was told to get on tegretol xr hope it works better with less side effects. i feel to highly medicated as i have only had 2 seizures 2 years apart. my neuro has me on 200mg vimpat am and 200 mg in pm (which is so costly 480.00 a month!!!). now he wants me on 200 tegretol xr am and 400 mg tegretol xr pm. less expensive drug 108.00 a month. this is all with ins. i am just trying to remain calm through this rough time.

Related Reading: floaters | tegretol

Comment from: krroll1234@aol.com, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 11

I have been taking Vimpat along with Lamictal for a couple of months to control my seizures. The seizures have not decreased and I am experiencing significant hair loss !

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: ALEXSA, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 12

only been on the medcation for three week so far it been good. my daughters a little moody but no siezures yet GREAT

Comment from: David, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 22

my seizures have increased since my Dr. started increasing my dosage. My aura has decreased and I am doing more things during my seizure.

Comment from: Pete, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 19

started out 50 mg then 2nd week continuing 100 mg. ON 15TH DAY STARTED having multiple seizures in pm. Felt like popping in head and felt like left eye popping out. Some of the seizures caused head to fall back and eyes squeezed shut. Will contact the Doctor in the morning to report and see what action to take- if any.

Comment from: ellen, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 30

have not have only but only one seizure in the time ive been taking medication

Comment from: hogback66, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 24

My main reason for not taking it is my insurance will not cover it and last time I was getting it refilled I was told it would cost ME! almost $800.00, I just had to automatically quit taking it!!!

Comment from: rap660, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 05

I am 59 years old never had a siezure till age 55. I have had 3 events.I have had no siezuers while on vimpat.Vimpat seems to affect concetration.Also seems to give me a short fuse too !I have some small headaches, and it makes me some what tired. Oh well..God willing I will have no more siezures..I hope that this input will be of help to someone.

Comment from: heidi, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 04

Have been taking vimpat for two years along with carbatrol and topamax for seizures. Topamax works the best. All I have to say about vimpat is don't miss more than two times. Will make you have a seizure, but taking alone isn't very effective.

Related Reading: carbatrol

Comment from: teresathrasher24@yahoo.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: July 17

this drug has worked better thsn any other previous drugs in controlling my daughters seizures. She has gone froem having a seizure every ten days to only three seizures in the past ten months.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.