Vimpat User Reviews

Vimpat - User Reviews

Vimpat User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vimpat sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Zanna, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 13

I use Vimpat along w/ Lyrica to help with ongoing partial seizures with choking in my sleep. Much improved since starting a few weeks ago. Seems to cause some constipation. Otherwise pleased.

Related Reading: Lyrica

Comment from: Lynnrx52, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 01

Completely controls my son's seizures. He had grand mals. I am very concerned that we may have to discontinue because of the very severe digestive issues he is experiencing though. He takes Vimpat in addition to Zonegran and Trileptal) and now has severe stomach distention and constipation. He looks like he's 8 MO pregnant.

Related Reading: Zonegran | Trileptal

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 21

Every since I started taking this med., I started to have kidney stones! I have also felt like I don't care about myself!

Related Reading: kidney stones

Comment from: big dave, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 24

vimpat has not helped in seizure control. dispite my telling my dr. this she increased the doseage on vimpat, and decreased the doseage on a medicine that was working.

Comment from: Tina, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 29

I take 100mg/day of this med in addition to Keppra(2000mg). I started about 4 weeks ago. My dr originally had me to increase up to 200mg/day, but it made me very lightheaded, constipated and fatigue. I decreased back down to 100mg/day and it has actually decreased my partial seizures by 50%. I also noticed that I'm not as irritable as I was when on Keppra alone. So far I like the interaction.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: Kelly, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 10

Vimpat is an add-on to my Lamictal regime. I see no difference in coverage to Lyrica, but I have found benefits: my long-term memory has improved and I feel more alert. For dizziness, I recommend taking on a full stomach (after a meal)and take 12 hours apart. I haven't decided if I will continue with Vimpat or return to Lyrica. Note to englishbonnet: shame on your husband. ALWAYS take your medicine on time. NO EXCUSES for missing a dose.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 06

I am using this medication in conjunction with one other for seizure due to a Brain Tumor. I did have more seizure while taking this medication but this was due to a illness. I have had that condition treated and I am doing fine. The only side effect that I can see is that I do not feel like eating, at all.

Comment from: Patsy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 26

Ihave only taken this medcations 4 weeks and it hasen"t controllled my seizures very well i have had several seizures at different times

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.