Viramune User Reviews

Viramune - User Reviews

Viramune User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Viramune sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: rodgersjames2, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 10

well it has only been one week with the medication and so far so good. i had a little naseau and some stomach pain but no more than i usually have so it was no big deal. i go for my first blood test tomorrow to check on effectiveness that is why there is no rating yet but i will let you know tomorrow. for the most part though i feel pretty good with this than i did with other hiv meds

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 10

I hate all these drugs. If I must, this combo has been the easiest to live with side effects. Nausea tingling & shooting pains in the hands & feet, I don't get when I forget to take it so I'm sure it's the meds. Headache fatigue.

Related Reading: Headache | fatigue

Comment from: on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 29

I have been on this medication since 2003 and it has worked the only thing that was negative is the slight elevation in liver enzymes. It is being monitored to not cause or indicate liver damage.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: tphinsf, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 19

After successful use of Viramune for about 12 weeks, I suddenly developed a fever, sore throat and headache. This progressed to constant cycles of chills and high fevers, along with rash and joint aches. These symptoms were misdiagnosed by my physician as just a "nasty virus" for over three weeks. When it was finally determined to be delayed reaction to Viramune (by a dermatologist, not by my doctor), my liver enzymes were 800x normal and I'd lost over 14 pounds. My concern for all who are taking this drug: an allergic reaction can happen at any time while on Viramune. Please be vigilant and beware of being misdiagnosed. I was lucky to escape without permanent liver damage or serious skin issues.

Related Reading: Viramune | fever | sore throat

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.