Viread User Reviews

Viread - User Reviews

Viread User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Viread sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 23

took it 4 years total with one 6 month interruption. Powerful but potentially very dangerous: After 1 year I had HIP JOINT problems and they got worse, not better. I am someone who is used to work out hard. The injuries did not heal even so I changed my workout to very light and gentle. Now that I am off VIREAD there is slow healing. Also I got strong HEART PALPITATIONS: after 3 years of use I began using more ASPIRIN AND ALLEVE!! not knowing that it would increase VIREAD blood levels.Doctors don't tell you that stuff! I also took NORVIR which also increases VIREAD LEVELS! Next: DEHYDRATION (Kidney/Electrolyte Connection)from sports competitions finally send me over the edge and I knew if I do not stop VIREAD something bad is going to happen. The PALPITATIONS have also gone away now. VIREAD is a good drug if you do not use it too many years, stay well hydrated,use no anti-inflammatory meds...

Related Reading: VIREAD | PALPITATIONS | ASPIRIN

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 31

only been taking for one month , seem to get cold real easy. can i take a liver care alternative medication at same time. Ihave stablized sorrosis also. i have rashes also

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: leetown, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 03

i have been on Viread for a little over 5 years, in combination with Ziagen and Sustiva. the side effects for me are tolerable, i have mild lipodystrophy around the waist, high tryclicerides, low good cholesterol and high bad cholesteral; but my virus is undetectible and i take Omega3 vitamins to help control my tryclicerides and cholesteral. being undetectible to me is more important.

Related Reading: Ziagen | Sustiva | cholesterol

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 10

I have taken for 3 years, viread oral 300 mg daily for chronic hep B. viral count result is undetectable. problem are sleeping, chronic rhinitis, and lipodystrophy, upper arm and buttocks.

Comment from: lou, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 16

The medication overall, is really good.

Comment from: richie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 18

have been taking viread 300mg. for just under 2 years. viral load undectable side effects cold hands and feet, crazy dreams and trouble sleeping sometimes short of breath. Overall satisified, it controled the virus. Load was 10million

Comment from: DLR, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 28

I started taking Viread after an Interferon treatment. It;s definitely easier to take than Intron A, but I notice I have a poor appetite, and my joints seem to pop all the time. I am also afraid to have a baby while on this medicine, because there isn't enough information about pregnancy while on Viread.

Related Reading: Intron A | pregnancy

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 28

Works well. Few side effects!

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.