Viroptic User Reviews

Viroptic - User Reviews

Viroptic User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Viroptic sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Kate, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 01

Severe extreme pain Extreme light sensitivity Weakness Illness Inability to function at all-the sickest I have ever been in my life

Comment from: d57tbird, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 18

My family doctor (former eye doctor) gave me eye drops for a bacterial infection. When those made it worse, I went to an eye specialist who gave me the Trifluridine drops (generic version) as the infection was viral (herpes simplex I). Right away I had improvement and my infection was gone. Several months later it came back so I refilled the drops (have to wait, special order) and it went away again...so I thought. A few days after I stopped treatment it came back. Do not stop treatment unless doctor checks that it is really gone! Considering the quick reoccurance of outbreak, I probably will need to go on an oral medication for the rest of my life.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 09

Dr. prescribed Zirgan (ganciclovir gel) & gave me a 1 gm sample. It was working but when sample ran out Medicare would not cover cost of Rx (over $200 for 5 gm tube)so switched to Viroptic which they covered. Used as directed for 3 weeks (instructions said do not use more than 3 weeks)with no improvement and even a flare of the ulcer during treatment. Then ordered the Zirgan (from a Canadian pharmacy, cost $80 instead of over $200) and ulcer was healed in two weeks. I had no bad reactions to the Viroptic, it just didn't work for me.

Related Reading: Zirgan | Viroptic

Comment from: annie, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 22

Since my first outbreak in(left eye only in 1983, it has been a totally satisfactory treatment. Now that I have cataract implants I have to see if this works still. I have had outbreaks about 7 times and I need this relief. It works for me.

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.