Vivaglobin User Reviews

Vivaglobin - User Reviews

Vivaglobin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vivaglobin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Carebear246, on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 08

My 5 year old son has been on this medication since May of 2007. Since starting this treatment I have noticed that he has less infections and when he does get sick he isn't sick for a long period like he was before starting the sub-q treatment. He has had a mild allergic reaction to this, but we are able to control it with benedryl. This medicine has been a blessing in his life as well as ours.

Comment from: attllbl, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 08

I started this medication and had what are called moderate site reactions. I was ill from the medication 4 days after taking one time per week. The initial pre and post medication were sedating and ineffective. Finally after deciding to try ivig I was advised to pre-medicate with a little predison and the site reactions were then manageable. After months these two infusions with the predisone pre-medication have been a lot better. I have been staying at home 99% of the time only going out one day per week. I have had two infections and this is a great improvement over my usual every few weeks infections. So overall this could be a wonderful treatment for the long haul.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 26

Before taking this medicine I was hoping to feel better enough to actually go out, talk with friends and enjoy life. Although this did not happen and I only feel better for 2-3 days after infusions, I am glad to report that I have significantly fewer infections(mostly upper respiratory), fewer sore throats and less muscle pain. While I am disappointed that this medicine wasn't able to provide me with the energy I need to do even simple things every day(like take a shower and get dressed),I do feel it protects me from getting worse and catching viruses/infections. The infusions need to be taken every week, or full symptoms will return after about 9 days off of the Vivaglobin and you'll run the risk of infection again.

Related Reading: muscle pain | Vivaglobin

Comment from: wgn4166, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 29

I was on Vivaglobin a few years ago. I loved it. I was sore after infusing, and the sites would swell to the size of a goose egg. The good thing about this med is I ate what I wanted and never gained weight. My doctor switched me to Hyzentra. My sites do not swell as much but the same soreness is there. I have gained 20 lbs on the Hyzentra

Comment from: dmicohen, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 16

Much better than IV infusion,almost no side effects besides some site redness. Has greatly helped instances of fever,infection,joint pain,fatigue, and muscle pain.....some g.i. disturbences though mild...

Related Reading: fever | fatigue

Comment from: mrsboomer1969, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 17

I take it via six sites weekly. I get headaches, jittery and painful, itchy site reactions. However, my infections, have slowed down since I began using it.