Vivelle-Dot User Reviews

Vivelle-Dot - User Reviews

Vivelle-Dot User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vivelle-Dot sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Cheryl, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 05

I have been on a .05 estrogen patch for 9 years since I had a complete hysterectomy at age 41. I was put on it immediately after surgery so I really didn't have much chance to have any menopausal symptoms. At first they had me on a 1.0 patch which made my eyeballs bulge or swell. It was too much & so I had them lower the dose. I have really not had any bad side effects except maybe headaches (which are hard to say if its because of the estrogen or not).I have had however for the last two years trouble with high triglyceride levels and so I have asked them to lower me to the lowest Vivelle Dot Patch of .03 dosage and we'll see if that will help. I have tried a couple of times during the nine years to wean myself off of the patch but I end up continuing because of discomfort & edgyness. I have talked to my gynocologist & brought articles to her at my yearly check-ups about my concerns with the negative effects from estrogen but she seems to feel that I should continue with using them. Apparently she sees no harm in the long term therapy. I have annual mamograms, have been on high blood pressure medication since age 39, & have had no obvious side effects other than the high triglycerides (and I don't know if that is due to taking the estrogen or other factors). It has been a few years since I have had my heart checked out but I have had it checked twice in the nine years since I was put on estrogen. Everything checked out fine when those tests were done. With so much variations on opinion about Estrogen therapy within the medical community it is really hard to make a decision that we can feel comfortable with. All I can add is the experience I have been through & if it helps someone then it was worth the time to share information.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: Shay, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 01

READ, Please. I had posted already, but after being off of this patch for 2 weeks: I have lost 14!!! LBS. Have no more tearfulness. Realize I was getting yeast infections which is not normal for me. I am no longer short of breath, my breasts no longer hurt. I'm not getting facial hair as I was. I could go on and on. There are other patches, in fact I used one since 1996 without a single issue. ON the CANCER issue. I had surgery in 2005 for a RARE Sarcoma of the Vulva. My doctor is the doc who created the Robotics Surgical Technique for ONC/GNY at UNC in NC. He along with my primary GYN (of 25 yrs) both agree the patches are not the threat to us as pill form estrogen- UNLESS you have a strong family history of cancer.

Related Reading: CANCER

Comment from: abundantlifehome@yahoo.com, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 25

I am satisfied with the results of this HRT. I was unsure (patch) at first, but after reading over the information and receiving additional information from my ob/gyn who is was very helpful, I considered all of my options and chose it has my drug of choice. I have been taking this medication now for about 9 months.

Comment from: Shay, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 29

Active 50 yr old, never more than size 6 and now at a tight 12, huumm. Used another Patch without any issues since 1996 surgery, switched to VDot last year- began experiencing night sweats, day sweats, emotional, anxious and being open and honest kept having a vaginal odor- it occurred to me to try my old patch. All is normal once again. I changed as the Vdot was $10.00 less, I'll pay the extra from now on. Wish you ladies well. Use shea butter for the adhesive, better on your skin than alcohol. I also love the 1x week vs. 2x a week which I see is difficult for others as well.

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: kattaylor58@yahoo.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 03

When first began using, it worked great. Then after a few years of use, I started having alot of the side effects, dizziness, headaches, joint aches, anxiety. After many tests to determine why I was feeling so poorly, it came down to this med.

Related Reading: dizziness | anxiety

Comment from: bettermommynow, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 05

My dr put me on this after I had my ovaries removed. I didn't have any problem other than the weight gain!! I couldn't handle that so I did some research and found something called BLACK COHOSH. It's a natural whole herb that promotes Menopausal health,you can find it at the drug store or at wal-mart with the vitamin and herbs. I take one capsule every night, after about 3 or 4 days I stopped having the hot flashes at night and I don't have the mood swings. I also take ST.JOHNS WORT twice a day for mood enhancement. So for any of you ladies who are wanting to stop using your patches you may want to try these 2 items....oh yea... no vaginal dryness either, My husband loves that!

Related Reading: hot flashes | vaginal dryness