Vivelle-Dot User Reviews

Vivelle-Dot - User Reviews

Vivelle-Dot User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vivelle-Dot sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Angela, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 12

I thought I was going in to have my uterus removed, and woke up with my ovaries gone too. Endometriosis apparently. Okay, hadn't studied up on what I would be facing with a full-hysto... Needless to say I was very scared at what I would be facing. I wanted to go the "natural route" but no good~ Tried the estrogen pills~ HORRIBLE!! Side effects to beat the band!!! I am one of those people who "don't tolerate medications well". My system is very sensitive to ANY medications, so nothing was working and I was trying everything. Finally, this patch (.1)~ I felt like this was my miracle! Nope it's been about a year and 1/2, and I am dizzy to the point I can't function. It took this long for this symptom to arise, but I'm going to have to lessen the dose for sure. Weight gain hasn't been bad, and as far as my sex drive~ it hasn't existed since the surgery no matter what I have tried. It's the surgery as far as I'm concerned, not the medications.. I don't miss the sex drive, because I'm to the point now that I don't care about it at all! <-Not good for a marriage..But he TRIES to be understanding. At any rate, It was helpful reading others' experiences, so I thought I would add my own. Take care!

Related Reading: Endometriosis

Comment from: cherri, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 28

i have only been on this medication for 1 month since having a complete hysterectomy. i find i am having similar symptoms as other commenters on this site. however, i am also experiencing alot of muscle fatigue all over along with headaches, neck pain and itching. not sure if this is the thing to take. my tummy seems to not want to "unswell" either. should i just stop and deal with the hot flashes, night sweats and sleeplessness?

Related Reading: fatigue | neck pain | itching

Comment from: mizutz, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 31

It has worked well for me to control hot flashes, however has given me moderate to severe at times joint and muscle pain.

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 14

I have been on this since 2000 and haven't had any problems other than sticky tape residue which comes off with alcohol or baby oil. It's much better than remembering a pill daily. The chart on the inside flap of the box gives you a schedule to follow on the replacement days. I discovered that when I lost weight, I needed a lower dosage (from 0.75 to 0.25).

Comment from: fmvann, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 03

I have only been using the Vivelledot for about two months and I have had some relief from hot flashes durning the day but I still have them at night not as severe. But I have been getting yeast infections which I read was a side effect.

Comment from: Mary, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 26

Been using it since 2002. Very easy to use. No problems. I just keep rotating with a new patch clock wise around my abdomen twice a week.

Comment from: Ms. Chancellor, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 14

The patch is a great relief for hot flashes, but the weight gain is out of this world! I've gained 30lbs since I had my surgery back in December of 2009 and I'm having a hard time loosing the weight. I've stopped taking the patch for now and using a herbal treatment, which seems to help the hot flashes plus exercising and watching what I eat and portions. I like the patch a lot. I just wish the weight gain wasn't one of the side effects!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 18

I tried vivelle-dot after I was not happy with premarin or femring. I am very happy with vivelle-dot! I am losing weight with diet and exercise and feel very well overall--optimistic and evergetic. Femring lost potency for me after only five weeks (it is supposed to last 12 weeks) and premarin is horse derived estrogen and had the effect of dulling my intelligence and energy level and making my appearance less attractive in the contours of my face. I do not have any side effects that I can detect on vivelle-dot My blood pressure is normal, I am sleeping well, and I my sex drive is up. For the first time since my surgery 5 years ago, I feel more like my old self. I do have some short term memory issues, but my memory is better on vivelle than on premarin (so far as I remember)--by far. It is hard to sort out side effects of HRT from the effects of menopause. I try to be mindful of that. Since I switched to vivelle-dot, many friends and students have commented (without knowing about the change) that I look much healthier and happier. I am a happy HRT camper.

Related Reading: vivelle-dot | premarin | femring