Vivelle-Dot User Reviews

Vivelle-Dot - User Reviews

Vivelle-Dot User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vivelle-Dot sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: hairgirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 29

After having total hys. three months ago started 0.1 patch. Everything has been fine except the weight gain. I work out everyday, have three small children and work partime. I do pilates, play tennis and am always on the go. I have gained 20 pounds. I have to find something, anything to help me. Hopefully will come up with a good solution with my doctor. I'm 33 and need to be on some kind of HRT

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 21

I started taking this medication 12 years ago after a hysterectomy (including ovaries) at the age of 40. I started it immediately post op and have had no problems. It is easy and effective. I gained 10 lbs. and could have gained more but I watch my portion sizes. Weight gain is common after this type of surgery with or without HRT. It took about six months for my libido to readjust. Before the hysterectomy I was having urgency and frequency and these resolved after the surgery and HRT. I highly recommend this drug.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 18

I have been on this since 2002. I've really gained the weight. I had a hysterectomy at 28, I'm 54 now. I'm thinking about getting off of it because I've been on it so long AND because of the health risks; weight gain, etc. Has anyone else been on it as long as me?

Comment from: mich, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 17

Very effective, have never had a flash. Very easy to use. Only negative thing is I did tend to break out occasionally in chin/mouth area. Weight gain minimal. Skin, hair and nails healthy and vibrant.

Comment from: meleen, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 14

I have been on this for 3 mos and have been steadily gaining weight.

Comment from: riverdog, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 01

Women who state their sex drive is gone need to see a doc or PA who is well-versed in bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) and get on testosterone (I am 59, had a full hysterectomy after breast cancer & went thru almost 5 years of horrendous hot flashes and other problems. I'm now on a compounding pharmacy's vaginal cream with testosterone and estrogen which has improved vaginal walls greatly and really boosted libido). I found my PA by calling a compounding pharmacy and asking for names. Suzanne Somers' books proved very helpful, especially The Sexy Years (despite the goofy name). The Dot is way better than oral estrogen, but a bad, almost constant back ache has me thinking this might be the cause. My advise: If you haven't tried the Dot and are having bad hot flashes and brain fogginess, try it. If you stay with it, try applying a fresh patch every 4 days. It makes sense since they say apply 2 per week. Instead of choosing Monday and Wednesday, for instance, sit down with a calendar and count 4 days per patch, write the date on the patch and leave the next one out on your dresser or by the sink.

Related Reading: breast

Comment from: Michelle, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 11

I had a hysterectomy in June 2010 at the age of 44, ovaries removed also. Before the surgery I was taking 10 mg of Lexapro a day for depression. Since my surgery I started taking Vivelle-dot 0.075MG, and I feel WONDERFUL! I am no longer on Lexapro...no more hot flashes or depression.

Related Reading: Lexapro | depression

Comment from: debbie, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 29

I have been using for 3 yrs my hot flashes have started to come back and I am not sleeping very well it seemed to work for about 2 yrs. I am also having hair loss around my face it seems to be getting worse I dont know if it is from the medication or from menopause but I think I am going to try herbal treatment and see if my hair loss gets better

Related Reading: hair loss | menopause

Comment from: janinerenea@aol.com, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 01

I am 41 and had a complete hysterectomy 3 months ago. The doctor recommended a total because my family history of ovarian cancer, I was already perimenopausal and I suffered migraine headaches along with irregular periods. I was immediately placed on this patch after surgery and the migraine headaches stopped. I have only experienced hot flashes 1-2 days when my doctor switched me to the EvaMist spray after I complained that the patch wasn't staying on. I immediately stopped using the spray and switched back to the patch. I sometimes have to replace more than twice per week because it starts falling off. Since getting back on the patch, I have not experienced hot flashes, night sweats, headaches, etc. I sleep like a baby. HOWEVER, I have gained a lot of weight in the mid-section and can't button any of my pants. I have always been a runner and watched my food intake. In the past this always kept me with a flat stomache (even after child) and I have been able to maintain my petite frame -- not so now with the patch. I am practically starving myself to no avail. I have also had fluid retention in legs, hands and face (to the point that I look like I've been crying), tender breasts, anxiety and breaking out around my chin area. I will be switching back to spray tomorrow and gradually wean myself off of HRT by using natural support.

Related Reading: ovarian cancer | migraine | EvaMist