Vivitrol User Reviews

Vivitrol - User Reviews

Vivitrol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vivitrol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Lisa, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 22

Except for the side affects I am very happy with this medicine. My main side effect is serious constipation & body aches.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: packer, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 15

I drank every day for 6-7 years. Went through an intensive outpatient program and started receiving vivitol injections. I happy to say that I have not had a drop of alcohol in 8 months! The stuff is amazing.

Comment from: Crystalb0903, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 10

Absolute miracle drug. At 27 I haven'y gone without a drink for more than a few days at a time since I was 15. I manage a bar and its just always been there. This injection is amazing. I get a drink sent to me and it tastes funny. Before it tasted like heaven! (And would turn into 10 too many!)This is a miracle drug! I have no desire to drink and even if i find myself with a drink I can NOT finish. I've tried AA, counseling, groups, multiple DUI's and lawyer fees. NOTHING worked till now. I am around alcohol 50 hours a week and now remember those hours! I have no cravings or desire to drink. TRULY A MIRACLE DRUG!!!!!!

Comment from: Tigger, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 05

I had the shot and in the evening drank 4 beers just out of curiosity. It was like drinking Odules. No buzz. It really works. Theres no use in me wasting my money. I could tell the alcohol was in my body.

Comment from: free again, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 28

from 12-14 beers atleast every other day, from the first day of the shot I went 8 days before having another drink. The first time I drank 5 beers (that really didn't taste as good as it used to) and on the fifth beer I dumped it out cause I just didn't want anymore. In 3 1/2 weeks after the shot I may have had a total of 10 beers which before would'nt be enough for one night..the side affects on me were very minimal nothng I couldn't handle. I am truely amazed of the effectiveness of this shot. I hoped it would work this good, but still had my doubts. I was wrong! It's the best choice I have made for me and my family.

Comment from: Scott, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 15

I've taken Vivitrol for 18 months, along w/ AA and psych. therapy. No desire to drink, no side-effects and a very happy LIFE!. Strange thing, when a craving for drink enters my mind, it's swept away instantly. I'm part of survey, hope it helps someone else. Incredible.

Related Reading: Vivitrol

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 03

Shot barely hurts if done right - it's only once a month anyways. Totally amazing results with me. It's usually only given for a year. I strongly suggest getting counseling/AA support to supplement Vivitrol. People don't drink too much for no reason, the only way to stop forever is to fix your head as well.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 16

I am in my twenties and have been an opiate addict particularly oxycontin and roxicodone for over ten years turning this typical all-american girl into your average everyday criminal. I've been through inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, in-patient again suboxone...you name it. Vivitrol has saved my life!! I went in to take my first injection using( I thought I had been through this withdrawal thing before) within a half-hour I was violently vomiting every couple minutes there is no other sick, withdrawal, childbirth that could even parallel. I ended up in the ER several hours later which I should have went directly. I had several medications administered by IV, including a large dose of ativan. The Dr. Would not even tell my family for sure if I was even going to make it. The next month was a complete blur lost 20 pounds. (I was a size 8 when I took the injection) eventually I gained back strength and was honestly angry that I could no longer use (I tried) then realizing...this really is INSANE. After around my second injection I was in agreement not rolling my eyes when it's said that it's a gift from God. After 4 injections I don't know if I will ever stop taking it. I'm not sure if it is the injection but I have experienced much nausea, headache, dry mouth, increased anxiety which is so minimal compared to any day using. Any addicts skeptical? Just try it and work a program even if it's one month. It has changed my life!!!

Related Reading: oxycontin | roxicodone | suboxone