Vivitrol User Reviews

Vivitrol - User Reviews

Vivitrol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vivitrol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: SQUINCH, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 29

THIS IS MY THIRD (3RD) SHOT AND I HAVENT WANTED A DRINK FOR THREE MONTHS,ONLY PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS ACHING JOINTS AND MUSCLES AND TIREDNESS,WILL DISCONTINUE ATER ONE MORE SHOT AA,SPONSOR AND THEARPHY ARE HELPING ME COPE WITH THE DIEASE.

Comment from: person197, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 23

I had been taking Naltrexone 50MG oral for a while until I discovered if I just stopped taking it when I wanted to drink, I would drink again. This would lead to a binge. I sought out Vivitrol since it would not allow me to have the choice. The shot was almost painless! I didn't have any nausea just a little drowsiness. I haven't had any desire for a drink just yet!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 31

I was a binge drinker for years.Drank pints of vodka 4/5 nights a week.Started intensive outpatient program.I had my first shot 3 weeks ago.Shot did not hurt,No side effects.No desire to drink.Checked to see if it works.Did feel a little buzz.Was told it was because I drank 3 days before my injection.Do not drink for 7/10 days before injection.Woman for Sobriety is my support system.(For women only)

Comment from: polyester, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 29

This med works pretty good. But when you first get the shot, it's hell. It will IMMEDIEATELY dump the rest of the opiates and put you through detox. I started treatment in the hospital and wished I could have stayed until I was through (5-9) days. Make sure you have a great support system when you start this program.

Comment from: she ra, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 04

I am an alcoholic. I am also a healthcare worker and it was time to stop the insanity and gain control of my life. If you are serious about sobriety, get on your knees and pray to God. Reduce your drinking starting today, go to every AA meeting you can, call your physician and "come clean" about your addiction, get the necessary bloodwork to determine if you are a candidate for this treatment. Within a week, you will feel as if you have gone to heaven and come back reborn. This is a life changing committment and if you intend to continue drinking, don't pursue it. This treatment has incredible potential to save lives and change our society. If you don't have the insurance coverage or money to pay for it, ask your physician about other options. Godspeed!

Comment from: tinatina, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 23

good in blocking alcohol cravings, but major nausea and vertigo

Related Reading: vertigo

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 11

Seems to work better for me than oral naltrexone (probably because I don't wash it down with liquor). Only complaint is the golf ball in my ass for four days after injection.

Comment from: cheree, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 31

The drug was almost impossible to get approved by my insurance then to get administered by my Doctor!!! The injection site swelled up and has gotten bigger, harder, and wider every week for the last 5 weeks. Worse, the medication does not seem to be working at all! The only reason I stopped taking Naltrexone orally was due to serious stomach irritation. But at least that form of the drug was effective. Additionally, I am more depressed, experiencing violent episodes of anger, my sleep has been more disturbed than in years, and my appetite has increased. My lower back pain and all over joint pain is increased. I wish I could get this stuff out of me! I strongly caution anyone thinking to use this medication!!!!!

Related Reading: sleep | lower back pain

Comment from: Williams2626, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 10

The shot hurts like a mother! This is why I gave it two stars for ease of use. However, you only have to get the shot once a month which is good. It is a pain in the ass...literally! However, it WORKS which is the important thing. The first day I came home, I had no urge to drink. I had been drinking daily about 10 beers a night and I came home after the shot and could literally take or leave the been that was in the fridge...I left it!

Comment from: serenitynow, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 28

I have been free from Opiates for 17 months,However my physician felt I would benefit from receiving this IM Injection.I have not had any cravings for Alcohol or Opiates.However after each injection I expereince PAIN at injection site and MUSCLE and SEVERE JOINT PAIN.I will no longer be receiving the injections but continue my meetings,therapy,etc.