Vivitrol User Reviews

Vivitrol - User Reviews

Vivitrol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vivitrol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: rlpetroff, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 11

I have oromandibular dystonia and I have noticed that when I recieved the injection vivitrol that it really brought out the spasms in my mandibular area that are attributed to my focal dystonia. I have not had any problems for the past fifteen years up until I recieved this injection. Is it possible that the vivitrol IM is interfering with the same area of my brian that is dysfunctioning as far as my dystonia is concerned?

Related Reading: dystonia

Comment from: Fitz, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 03

Adverse reaction to injection. Required surgery and extensive after surgery care for weeks.

Comment from: Wrhvivitrol, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 11

I was a frequent "slip-er" regarding alcohol use. I asked my Dr. about a drug possibility and he recommended Vivitrol. After some wrangling to get my insurance to cover it (which they do) I took it for 3 months (3 injections) along with counseling and involvement in AA and I am feeling great with very little craving. My craving happens when I am in unhealthy places, there are no cravings at other times. No side effects except for a little ache at injection site which lasts a couple hours.

Comment from: warren, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

i feel tired and sleepy, have loss of appetite

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 22

shot works great.Wonder Drug!!!!been a month, cravings are rare and disappear quickly. tried to drink to see what would happen. It tasted weird, I felt weird and poured it out. don't know yet if insurance will pay for it but it is a life saver. Do be careful when anesthetics are used by Dr, or Dentist. Make sure they know you are on the drug.My face went numb once from an injection in my hip. My Dr. told me to wear a medical alert tag. I didn't and I should have.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 27

Drank almost every day. Cant/dont want to drink anything when I take this shot.

Comment from: NoToVivitrol!!!, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 12

First and foremost, use extreme caution and examine the pros/cons of taking this drug!! I got a DUI while home on break from college and was court-ordered to attend an IOP program. While in the program, Vivitrol was explained to us as "the best treatment option". As I had just turned 21, I really didn't believe I had a problem with drinking. I would go out on a friday, and maybe a saturday, to the bars with some friends. I rarely got sloppy drunk (unlike most of the other college students). I would got to restaurants or sit down for dinner and have a beer or a glass of wine and that's it. But somehow my family found out about Vivitrol from my IOP instructor and suggested I get the shot. I said no problem, as I couldn't drink on probation anyways. I couldn't tell if it did anything since I never experienced "cravings". I'm still not sure what they are and the only thing I can compare it to is nicotine craving since I'm a smoker, but was told they are different. I never drank on it either so I can't say if it helps with that either. Now for the very serious part. 2 weeks after my 2nd month injection, I was seriously burned in a house fire. It was the worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life!! I've severely broken bones (i.e. arm cracked and was at a 30 degree angle or so instead of straight), had my wisdom teeth pulled, dislocated shoulders from sports, etc. While in the ambulance they asked me to rate my pain from 1 to 10. I've rated my pain before and even when I snapped my arm I still didn't say 10. I said, and I quote, "F'ing 20!!" while crying my eyes out. They injected my IV with Fentanyl. No relief. At the ER they saw I was in so much pain, they injected another, larger, dose of fentanyl. Nothing. 10 minutes later, they injected another dose of Fentanyl. Pain went from 20 to a 15 (still on a scale of 10...). After 1 more shot of fentanyl, and an addition shot of Dilaudid, I finally stopped crying (pain rated at 10). HORRIBLE!!!

Related Reading: nicotine | wisdom teeth | Dilaudid