Voltaren User Reviews

Voltaren - User Reviews

Voltaren User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Voltaren sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: skeetro_lee_14@hotmail.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 04

I took celebrex for approx. 8 years. It just seemed not to work as well as it did. Also the price was very expesive. I paid $500.00 for a 90 day supply! That was with insurance. My ortho. MD put me on voltaren, I noted a change in my knee pain in the 1st week. Not to mention I can get a 30 day supply at walmart for $1 with my insurance!

Related Reading: celebrex | knee pain

Comment from: Carol, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 24

Have taken this Rx for several years and now my kidney function is bad - especially the BUN. I have been taken off and hopefully the kidney problem will improve. In retrospect I probably should not have been taking it for so long.

Comment from: brokenwing, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 19

I have very bad knees and have been advised to have knee replacements. The pain I have been suffering every day has been horrible. This is the only medication out of several tried that has given me any measurable relief - and no side effects as yet.

Published: June 10

I have found this medication very effective in banishing the pain of Degenerative Disc Disease and arthritis. Relief in minutes; no side effects evident.

Comment from: gunboatrider, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 06

Since I've started taking this drug, I have nearly no pain. If I forget to take my daily dose, I start to feel the pain returning and I instantly remember to take a pill. I have read about the side effects and luckily I haven't had any. I would highly reccomend this drug.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 22

I got so much relief with this drug! My pain doesn't completely go away;however,it works so much better than Celebrex did.

Comment from: mbb, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 07

I have been taking it for months. Previous Naisds lost effectiveness. I have not had any bad side effects. I know it is helping because if I stop taking it I am in agony. Then it takes several days to get relief. I have had to stop taking it for a week in order to get steroid injections and I could hardly move when I had to stop taking it.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 09

Amazing how quickly it took my back pain away!

Comment from: athletic lady, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 29

Diclofenac (generic form of Voltaren) has worked very well for me. Less swelling and pain, thus less depression. Can exercise more without so much swelling & pain, thus can get stronger, improving strength, well being & depression.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: Jan, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 21

I've been taking this for arthritis and it works great. I very seldom have bad effects from any med. I get tremendous relief from this. Very satisfied with it.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 18

The worst heartburn I've ever had - and I have always had a bit of GERD. I had lower back surgery (herniated disc) a few years ago and Dr. put me on this to help control the associated swelling and general issues I seem to always have with my back. Works pretty good and better than narcotics.

Related Reading: herniated disc

Comment from: mamabear1, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 25

The severe side effects are not worth taking this drug! Only took 2 days; eyelids severely swollen, severe stomach pain along with abdominal cramping & diarrhea for 12 hrs. Won't recommend to anyone.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options